Page 70 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Length
    ?/BSL/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

You have such pretty hair, luxepiggy.

And I hadn't even thought about how your hair's texture can change as you get older. It makes sense. Ever since I really started paying attention to my hair lately, I have noticed a lot more strands that seem to definitely fall into the M category rather than the F.

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Interesting LuxePiggy, thanks! I've been thinking that maybe a steam curler like the Caruso might work, but I hate to buy one without being able to try it first... I wonder if that's how I can make my million $$$? I'll start a company that rents out hair tools!
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    SL/TBL/clas.
    Type
    1a/F/ii

my mother had (& probably still has) a steam curler that she used to curl my hair when i was small. if i remember correctly, it lasted for quite a while.

i'd see if you can find a friend or relative that has one to try - best of luck!

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Hi, I think I belong here! I have straight, fine, and silky hair. (Don't let my avatar pic fool you, those are my braidwaves ) There are some good pics in my album that show my real hairtype

I have a question for my fellow straighties - I have a couple of baby hairs in the front which are slightly wavy, and I have a strand down at my nape that I suspect is a tiny bit wavy, but I haven't been able to prove it
    Does that leave me as a 1a, or should I change my type to 1a/1b? (The length pic in my album shows my regular straight texture ) I'm posting from my phone today, and I have no idea how to post pics... Sorry!

I'm a mostly straight-haired gal with a sometimes few waves that never do anything I want them to... however I masquerade as a wavy-haired lady on a daily basis! I am sneaky like that. I do have one recent picture in my albums of my hair when it's not in braid or bun waves, though it had been detangled as it dried.... I have to or my cowlicks will be everywhere, hahahaha!

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by RapunzelKat View Post
    I have a question for my fellow straighties - I have a couple of baby hairs in the front which are slightly wavy, and I have a strand down at my nape that I suspect is a tiny bit wavy, but I haven't been able to prove it
    Does that leave me as a 1a, or should I change my type to 1a/1b? (The length pic in my album shows my regular straight texture ) I'm posting from my phone today, and I have no idea how to post pics... Sorry!
    I changed my hair type from 1a to 1b because I have a slight J wave at the very tips. I was told that unless all your hair is stick straight all the way, you're not 1a so I think 1a/1b sounds about right for you. Your hair is lovely!
    Last edited by islandboo; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Removed irrelevant material

Type
    1c/F/ii

Another thread for me to join! I've been wondering where it was hiding.

Also, I am totally hair-envious of curlies and wurlies. I suppose the benefit is that I can wear my hair either way without heat-styling... but ugh so much work.

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxepiggy View Post
    Do you not normally use conditioner?

Welcome to the thread!
    Thanks! I use a conditioner, but there are times I don't. ...Like when I find out I don't still like the conditioner and give a break until I find another one.

Still, people have silky only after they use a conditioner? Or is it possible to have silky hair without the use of a conditioner?
    Last edited by white.chocolate; February 3rd, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Length
    13.5/23.5/33
    Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by white.chocolate View Post
    Still, people have silky only after they use a conditioner? Or is it possible to have silky hair without the use of a conditioner?
    I didn't use a conditioner this morning but the shampoo was Garnier long and strong or something like that so it's hardly drying. It left my hair nice and soft. I didn't touch it until it dried though, I didn't want to have to detangle while it was still damp. I almost always use a conditioner though, I was just trying something new... aren't we all!!!
    Growing out a shaggy pixie - goal 33" of virgin hair. Last highlighted in 4/14
    2016 Jan: 17.25"
    Summer 2009 BSL

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MamaCimino View Post
    I didn't use a conditioner this morning but the shampoo was Garnier long and strong or something like that so it's hardly drying. It left my hair nice and soft. I didn't touch it until it dried though, I didn't want to have to detangle while it was still damp. I almost always use a conditioner though, I was just trying something new... aren't we all!!!
    I don't believe there's any shame in not using a conditioner. I find that I prefer my hair without any of the conditioners I've used so far. It really depends on the shampoo as well. I can't say that I totally don't need conditioners because I still have more to try, especially Japanese products.