Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mleung View Post
    i did say i have typical asian hair - i think that covers both straight & silky as well as dark, no?
    Indeed! Hence my appearance in both threads as well
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    ?/BSL/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    I have really straight, fine, and thin hair but I'm so inspired by everyone here! My hair is really straight, except for around my ears and nape it gets silly little waves, and when it's damaged it starts to get curly at the ends, for some reason. I'm lucky because my hair loves no heat curls, rather than heat styling which will never stay in my hair. Does anyone else with my hair type notice this issue?

My hair is like this, too. I classified my hair as 1b because it does have a slight wave to it, especially the parts that have been damaged by chemical dyes. And if I braid it at night while it's still damp, or anything like that to make curls, the curls stay in my hair all day as opposed to heat styling (although I haven't styled my hair with heat in years and years, so it may be different now, who knows).

What I do (did) have which I always found odd is this one strand (well, maybe about five all in a bunch) of hair in front that, when short (as in three inches short), always curls up tightly into a ringlet, no matter what I do to it. As a child my hair was stick straight and slippery, yet I'd always have this tight little curl sticking up from my forehead. Now that it's past my chin it has a slight wave to it.

My hair is far from silky, however. It's also not slippery like it was when I was younger. I'm guessing all the years of abuse made it more coarse than what it is naturally. At least, I think that could be it?

Length
    13.5/23.5/33
    Type
    2a/F/i

I definitely belong here. I didn't realize that when hair typing it needed to be shampooed only and not combed out so I will do that tomorrow and see what it is. It has always been straight so I don't think it is going to change from what I already have it as.
    My hair can hold a curl or wave for a while but any attempt to brush or manage the curls seem to make them all fall out soon after. And it does seem to get pretty tangly if I have it down all day, I used to tie it in a knot and would wear my hair like that all day when it was longer, but it was pretty damaged on the ends and I think that helped it not slip out! I am able to knot it now but it falls out pretty quickly, especially if it's clean. I love the way my hair feels right after it's dried and brushed... sooo soft and silky!!!
    Growing out a shaggy pixie - goal 33" of virgin hair. Last highlighted in 4/14
    2016 Jan: 17.25"
    Summer 2009 BSL

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

I had no idea this thread existed! I'm in, but I'm not so sure about the silky part, unless I use a conditioner.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by white.chocolate View Post
    I had no idea this thread existed! I'm in, but I'm not so sure about the silky part, unless I use a conditioner.
    Do you not normally use conditioner?

Welcome to the thread!

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Wow! I can't believe I haven't found this thread before! (Or did I back when I joined and I just don't remember...) I don't have the "asian" stick straight hair; instead I have just enough "body" to keep it from hanging nicely. Can I still join?
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by StPaulaGirl View Post
    It's also not slippery like it was when I was younger. I'm guessing all the years of abuse made it more coarse than what it is naturally. At least, I think that could be it?
    I think it's fairly common for hair texture to change from what it was during childhood or adolescence. My hair went in the opposite direction from yours; it was coarser when I was growing up, but over the years it got sleeker and changed noticeably from C to M in terms of individual strand size.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaCimino View Post
    I love the way my hair feels right after it's dried and brushed... sooo soft and silky!!!
    That's my favourite too (^(oo)^)v

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by moxamoll View Post
    Wow! I can't believe I haven't found this thread before! (Or did I back when I joined and I just don't remember...) I don't have the "asian" stick straight hair; instead I have just enough "body" to keep it from hanging nicely. Can I still join?
    Of course! All straighties (and silkies!) are welcome. Would you care for a cookie?

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Mmmm... cookies! I just ate one of my home made cookies -wish I could share some with you all.

I envy you folks who can convince your hair to curl! Mine just won't do it! Braid waves, bun waves, heated curlers, unheated curlers... it doesn't matter; 30 minutes later and it's straight again. I even paid huge amounts of money for a salon spiral perm once and a month later - it was straight!

I also think that my freshly washed and dried hair is the best. It's so silky I just want to run my hands through it all day. Sigh.
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by moxamoll View Post
    Mmmm... cookies! I just ate one of my home made cookies -wish I could share some with you all.

I envy you folks who can convince your hair to curl! Mine just won't do it! Braid waves, bun waves, heated curlers, unheated curlers... it doesn't matter; 30 minutes later and it's straight again. I even paid huge amounts of money for a salon spiral perm once and a month later - it was straight!

I also think that my freshly washed and dried hair is the best. It's so silky I just want to run my hands through it all day. Sigh.

If you're not opposed to heat styling, I recently discovered that my mother's castoff InStyler gives me lovely shiny sproingy spiral curls that last a surprisingly long time. Normally if I try to curl my hair, I need to use a TON of hairspray to retain any curl for longer than an hour. Over the holidays I used the InStyler to curl the ends of my ponytail for a party, and the curls were still intact when I got home! Miraculous (^(oo)^)v

I curled my ends (but not the top half) around 10pm, then left shortly thereafter and met my friends at a club. I took this photo around 3:30am:

There was even a bit of wave left when I got up the next morning!