Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

I'm not sure if I've got my hairtype completely right, but I'm definitely a straighthair I like it most of the time - but I wish my hair would hold curl just for a little while when I want it to for special occasions! haha
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Hi, I"m straight as an arrow, with the exception of the little whispies on the base of my neck that get curly on super high humidity days. I'll take my easy to care for straight hair over curls any day.

Account Closed by Member Request

I'm a straight-hair, too! I am not sure about my hairtype, either. I thought it was type 1a, but since I've been using the CWC method, I've noticed that the ends (that aren't affected by the perm from 2 years ago) do a little wave, er, thingy. Even the baby hairs!

I like my hair. It's pretty easy to style and when I do braid waves, they stay in pretty well. I just have to make sure not to use a brush on it afterward because then I'll look like Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds. lol

I am a definet (sp?) 1a or even 1aa! My hair won't hold curl for anything! Braid waves hold really well though.
    "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

I love braid waves, but I'm dying to make some rag curlers, like the ones in the "Deep/Snake Waves" tutorial! I love that appearance!

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

This is a group for me too!

I've had quite a love/hate relationship with my dead straight hair.

I love that it's so soft, shiny and silky and easy to maintain, and it also has that stylish sleek look that people spend hours trying to achieve. I love that people want to run their hands through my hair to feel how silky it is, and that I only need a simple comb to get it that way.

But... I hate that I sometimes get so bored with it being just the same all the time. It never holds those gorgeous angelic curls that I love so much.

I've found that tying it up in a French twist will hold all day if I do it when it's wet. When it's dry it either won't go up, or just slips straight out again.

It's so nice to have this thread where we can all learn from each other's techniques!

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

straight hair is easy.

If your hair is too slippery try very diluted salt water to put it up. A little goes a long way, like oil.

Length
    Jaw/TB/Butt
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

MY hair is not completely straight, but has some waves. But this is this the thread that is closest to my hairtype

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm a wavy-head. I just wanted to stop by and say you guys have it so easy!!!

*run away*

I have found that aloe vera gel is very wonderful for my hair type. I have to use a bunch of it, though if I want it to hold waves. I am totally in love with that stuff.