Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gelatin powder for hair growth/hair health

Length
    2"/24"/80"
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default gelatin powder for hair growth/hair health

I have been reading alot of the vitamin articles on here about how people have been taking gelatin powder for hair growth, does anyone have any info on this? how does it work and change the linear growth rate? do you buy it from pharmacys or is it actually baught in the food areas of big supermarkets? has any one noticed success to their growth/hair in general since taking it?

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: gelatin powder for hair growth/hair health

From what I understand Gelatin can be found in the Jello section of the grocery store, I guess with cake mixes and icings. Supposedly it is good for healthy strong nails. Knox Gelatin is one product i am aware of. Just a side note: if you are vegan or observe religious doctrines about pork, gelatin may not be right for you.

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I got mine at walmart. I sprinkled a whole package into yogurt the first time I tried it and my stomach felt like it was gonna explode! So I now only do one teaspoon at a time, which is what people here recommended anyway. (D'oh!).

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I picked up a container of Knox gelatin a while ago, but haven't used it regularly enough to tell. Look for an orange cylindrical container (maybe 6 inches tall, 4 inches in diameter) by the Jello. (Your choice if you want that brand, of course, but if you locate that one, you'll find any other large containers of gelatin nearby.)

And just an echo on RavennaNight's comment about vegetarians and gelatin -- it's made by processing collagen, and tends to contain a mixture of beef and pork products. (Though I have heard of kosher gelatin, which is presumably just beef.)
    Last edited by Anje; March 27th, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Do you have to sprinkle it into food (i.e. yogurt), or will a serving of Jello have the same effect? TIA!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Kosher gelatine is very hard to come by I know here it is impossible. The only way I find it is in little Debbie snack foods and twinkies

Length
    2"/24"/80"
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

is it fattening? as it like eating a sweet? or is it just like a tasteless powder you can mix in with things like yoghurt? im not much of a sweet fan anymore tbh. is there a certain amount (mg) you buy? i dont think i would have them exact brands as im in australia not usa

Length
    15"/15"/29
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    I got mine at walmart. I sprinkled a whole package into yogurt the first time I tried it and my stomach felt like it was gonna explode! So I now only do one teaspoon at a time, which is what people here recommended anyway. (D'oh!).
    Yes, I found it right next to the Jello and I haven't been using it regularly either to tell any results. I also put a whole packet in my small Activia yogurt and I couldn't eat the yogurt it was so powdery. I think I'm going to have to either get a bigger yogurt brand or use even less than a teaspoon at a time.
    For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
    For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
    For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. -Ivan Panin

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

In my local grocery store, I actually found them in pill form. You might want to ask your pharmacist if they carry it like that.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

when i was in high school - gelatin for hair and nail growth was all the rage. friends of mine (i never tried it) would buy packages of plain gelatin and mix it up with water and drink it! i'm sure that flavored would work too. i have to say that these girls had very long hair and fingernails! i never tried it because i was a tom boy and i thought my hair and nails grew too fast already - LOL
    rats spelled backwards spells star