Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gelatin powder for hair growth/hair health

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: gelatin powder for hair growth/hair health

Quote Originally Posted by pdy2kn6 View Post
    I have been reading alot of the vitamin articles on here about how people have been taking gelatin powder for hair growth, does anyone have any info on this? how does it work and change the linear growth rate? do you buy it from pharmacys or is it actually baught in the food areas of big supermarkets? has any one noticed success to their growth/hair in general since taking it?
    Any news or developments regarding the gelatin? After reading some things in other threads about it, I'm going to try to take it regularly from now on. I can use all the help I can get and this one seems pretty easy to do. I wonder if there is any advantage to taking it in pill form over powder form, other than it's more easily dispensable and you can carry it with you?

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I tried taking the gelatin powder for a while, but for some reason I just forgot to take it. It is also kind of gross to take.

I think that the pills would be easier to take, just another pill to put in with the others to take.

Has anyone had results from taking gelatin?

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I wouldn't try mixing the undissolved powder into anything. I think the texture would just be disgusting. I add it to chicken or beef bouillon and drink it hot.
    Lady Saphira of the Crystal Wings in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I just take gelatin pills, I never heard of the powder, unless you mean the food jello

Length
    27/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I just have a strawberry jelly cube each day
    I prefer the texture before it's made up anyway, so that's good for me. Its just thicker and chewier.

Length
    pix/shldr/bs?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Dears, i'd like to bring the gelatin issue back a bit.

First of all: anyone who can confirm hair/nail benefits after a couple of months?
    Well, in fact i'm considering starting it, and nail improvements can be seen fast enough so i'll be able to report this much in a couple of weeks, but i'd still love to hear (read) other peoples experience.

Second: a normal small pack of gelatin powder comes in a 10 gram (0.35 oz) pack here. How much do you people take? What do you suggest, should i take a pack, or half a pack a day?

Thanks for all answers

Length
    10 in/35 in/47in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

So is it the ground up bones that make it grow faster? perhaps there is just a suppliment out there for the same effect.

My Etsy shop!

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I've found that it works best texturally if it's soaked in a cool/room temp liquid for 5-10 minutes and then heated up - I've been dumping a packet in a cup of juice to hydrate it, then microwaving it until it's hot, then the grainy texture disappears (just like making jello, but without cooling it down). You can still taste it a teeny bit, but it's drinkable.

I'll have to try it in tea or coffee one of these times broth sounds good also.

As for whether or not it works, I have no idea... I don't do it regularly and also take a bunch of supplements, so dunno.

Length
    Chin/Nape/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I found this thread because I remember hearing long ago (before LHC) that gelatin is good for hair and nail. I'm trying to lose a little weight, and have been making snacks of plain gelatin flavored with herb tea. I decided to check with LHC if there is a side benefit for my hair. If I can keep this up for a few months, I'll let you know if it had any effect (on weight loss OR hair!)

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It's protein right? Pretty much? I used the knox gelatine and had no luck, but my hair hates proteins. I hate knowing it's from horse hooves
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama