Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Growing out a short layered bob-advice please!

Length
    Pixie/31"/39"
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Growing out a short layered bob-advice please!

I'm growing out a pixie too, I did cut the back for quite a while for two reasons: I wanted to be fairly even and not have a mullet, and the back of my hair grows much faster than the front.

Now I'm just above shoulder and it is layered but I think I'm going to leave it. I'll do some dusting here and there (maybe 3 times a year) but I'm just going to leave the layers alone. I kind of like how they look on long hair, they might give my hair more body.

Once my healthy hair is to BSL I'm going to cut it in a "V" trim I believe and just let it be. Anyways, that's my plan!
    Goal 1: BSL (27"), Goal 2: Waist (33"), Final goal: Tailbone (39")

2a - F - i/ii

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've done it. Lots of clips, bandana and product to keep it in place but it can be done!

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I rocked the mullet I started out with a very short pixie. After several unsuccessful attempts to grow it out in previous years, this time I decided to go with no trims until the shortest layers were at shoulder and the longest were at about BSL before I evened anything out. It was the only way I could see progress and not just end up with a short hair cut again! Although I had some funky hair days, it was worth it for me. There are members that joined around the same time I did, that have hair not much longer (or even shorter) than when they joined. Beware of too much "evening up", you just might trim yourself right back into a short haircut. Just my

Welcome to LHC by the way!

Here is a poor picture but this shows my current length in the mirror reflection (it's a bit longer now than it is in my siggie pic):

And this is when I joined LHC in November of 2006 in the process of growing out the pixie cut:

Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Thanks everyone for the comments, I have shorter layers at the back like a graduated bob but to be honest its growing fast! and when I have looked ast the back with the mirror it seems to be ok for now I have decided I am not gonna trim for ages yet! I so want to get a ponytail in then I will consider evening up the ends. Thanks for all the advice! and encouragement

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I would just try to grow and see what happens.

For one thing so many of us have had really bad times finding a hairdresser that will just trim. Many seem to think that one inch means three and so on. So if you do have a great hairdresser then fine, you could trust them to trim.

If not stick to clips and what have you to keep it under control and grow for it!!! LOL

And welcome to LHC!

On the edge of my forest!

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLonghair View Post
    I would just try to grow and see what happens.

For one thing so many of us have had really bad times finding a hairdresser that will just trim. Many seem to think that one inch means three and so on. So if you do have a great hairdresser then fine, you could trust them to trim.

If not stick to clips and what have you to keep it under control and grow for it!!! LOL

And welcome to LHC!

haha yeah clips are my friends right now

I think finding a hairdresser that understands what you think want is the biggest challenge (at least for me) since I often get some variant style that they think will look better on me (usually doesn't)

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I am growing out a short and heavily layered bob. I trimmed once when i was just about shoulder length. Try to find ways to pin it up and forger about it. Often trims will just set back your growth.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

OMG another ghost thread. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)