Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Purple stick

I'll give it an on/off try also Still can't get a picture posted as I'm not that good with 'em. Plus, cell phone cam from behind my own head.

It's a 5.5" dowel, sanded, sharpened, sanded, then "sharpied" black, then painted with a blackish based purple glitter nail polish, then a coat of spray clear stuff to seal it up. Stuck in a half up half mess/half cinnamon bun, but not pushed in all the way to the other side or the stick falls out of my hair. Did not think this idea out enough, need to make my sticks longer, not shorter.

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thats gorgeous Patience

Quote Originally Posted by patience View Post
    Oh poo! I can't a good picture of these little finishing pins. Not a great start for my challenge.

anyway, here it is. Dutch braid with braided length wrapped around it and 2 finishing pins with blue flowers.

I promise tomorrow will be better pic.
    Mandybeth I love that purple colour
    Last edited by little_acorn; January 21st, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

patience: you give me hope that I could do a bun as lovely as that, since your hair, like mine, is fine i/ii.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Little_acorn - It's the Walmart brand in "dark amythest". I love all the glittery colors of nail polish, but I never wear it. But hahah, I can use it for sticks! I actually really like the glittery part of them because they are smooth and don't snag my hair at all, but it's a little "nubby" so it doesn't fall out as easily. I've got a plain blue one that was the other half of this dowel, and that sucker will not stay in unless I fake flexi-8 it with an elastic.

Plus, I think with the 3 coats of polish, plus the 4 coats of spray - they are all enamel based, so I don't think I'll have a problem with them in damp hair? I've got another one wrapped up in a papertowel that's wet, so I figure I can see that first. I'm more worried about the enamel hurting my hair, I figure the dowels were $1 for 10 "craft" dowels, which make either 2 just under 6" sticks or I just sand the stick all down, and smooth the "short" piece ends and let my cats have them - they steal the sticks given half the chance, they may as well get the left over bits.

I'm tempted to try anodizing some wire and making some basic sticks or prongy things, but again - dunno how it will do with hair. Saving up shed hair to try that out. Ty'll anodize some bits for me and then I'm going to wet the hairball and wrap the metal bits up in it and just keep it warm for the day - see what happens. I've got some 10g, 8g and 6g titanium wire, so there may be some fiddling around with weird bits and baubles.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Cinnabun with Barefoot Maiden

Wrap bun with AWESOME snakewood beetnik sticks. I'll be falling off this challenge in order to wear them again soon. I love them!

Another wrap bun with two topsy tail accent and a beetnik stick. Sadly, I dropped this stick on the concrete later that day and totally dented the tip of the wood section, which is now flat and scratchy. I'll have to wait until Lori gets back and see if she'll fix it for me.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

poor Simone re your new stick getting dented. Try convoing Lori as her shop message says she is open to convos. If its a small fix she may do it now. By the way the sticks all look great

Dutch braid finished off in a bun held up with my Nightblooming Night Elves Moonblade hair sword
    Last edited by little_acorn; January 21st, 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Starting with my newest toys it seems.

Yesterday I wore my Monkthemonk Spiral.

Sorry it's black on dark hair so you might need to brighten your computer to see anything.

Today I wore my Opal Ficcare

I've shifted it around a bit so I could lay on the dentist chair comfortably.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Orange fork with blue stone from Daystar (not sure what either the wood or the stone is):

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

liluri that opal ficcare is a stand out in your hair - simply stunning

wendy I that fork, its a lovely contrast between the wood and the stone

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Actually, I made a mistake about that fork: it's an orangey canarywood with a sodalite stone, and was made by G3 Studios.

*Today'ss* dymondwood barrette *is* Daystar:

Also yesterday:
    Quattro agate stick:

And the day before (I think), a poorly photographed flexi-8 with orange (they call it topaz) beads:

wg