Page 55 of 1267 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657651051555551055 ... LastLast

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    10 in/35 in/47in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    I do not think that that one will hold a bun, as it's only about two and half inches in diameter, but I'm pretty sure that at some point I'm going to order one of her larger ones, maybe even as a custom order, since I'm sure that a large enough one would hold a bun, and my extra large Flexi-8's will not. The brooch is slightly flexible, so I imagine that a larger one would work very much like a Flexi-8. Actually, it's probably more than just slightly flexible, but I'm gentle with it so I'm not sure how flexible it really is.

Today (day six for me) I'm wearing a twisted ponytail held with a large Flexi-8. I find this more convienient than a regular ponytail, since the ends aren't as able to get into everything.This is also how the style in my previous post, the one with the green XL Flexi-8, starts out.
    Absolutely Gorgeous!

My Etsy shop!

Length
    10 in/35 in/47in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Ok, so this is... I don't know. It was trying to be an orchid bun, but didn't quite make it... I ran out and got these little hairsticks from claires (don't do it) and this is what i came up with. It's cool looking though.

My Etsy shop!

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I do not think that that one will hold a bun, as it's only about two and half inches in diameter, but I'm pretty sure that at some point I'm going to order one of her larger ones, maybe even as a custom order, since I'm sure that a large enough one would hold a bun, and my extra large Flexi-8's will not. The brooch is slightly flexible, so I imagine that a larger one would work very much like a Flexi-8. Actually, it's probably more than just slightly flexible, but I'm gentle with it so I'm not sure how flexible it really is.

Today (day six for me) I'm wearing a twisted ponytail held with a large Flexi-8. I find this more convienient than a regular ponytail, since the ends aren't as able to get into everything.This is also how the style in my previous post, the one with the green XL Flexi-8, starts out.

Oooh, your hair is so beautiful. . .the color is glorious.

I love this hairstyle!

How do you keep your hair from getting "fuzzy" as it bobs around against your back all day?

Wow your hair is so gorgeous! Love the twisted ponytail.

That twisted ponytail looks so neat . and your hair looks soooo thick!!!

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Wow, thank you for the lovely compliments, everybody!

Gmdiaz, I usually spray my hair with my mister bottle* to get it reasonably damp before I put it into a twisted ponytail, and that seems to help cut down on the fuzziness. Also, it helps that that particular style takes up so much of the length. Only about half of the twist is even free to rub against my back all day.

*My mister bottle is filled with my favorite mix of distilled water, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, and conditioner, occasionally with some essential oils thrown in for good measure. It really does help, both by giving light hold and combating the dreaded frizz.

Today (day seven) was another wash day, so I'm wearing my stainless steel Night Blooming Union of Hina and Aine butterfly sticks in a cinnabun.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia1013 View Post
    Ok, so this is... I don't know. It was trying to be an orchid bun, but didn't quite make it... I ran out and got these little hairsticks from claires (don't do it) and this is what i came up with. It's cool looking though.

I just wanted to tell you that I am absolutely in awe of your hair color. It's fabulous!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Wow, thank you for the lovely compliments, everybody!

Gmdiaz, I usually spray my hair with my mister bottle* to get it reasonably damp before I put it into a twisted ponytail, and that seems to help cut down on the fuzziness. Also, it helps that that particular style takes up so much of the length. Only about half of the twist is even free to rub against my back all day.

*My mister bottle is filled with my favorite mix of distilled water, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, and conditioner, occasionally with some essential oils thrown in for good measure. It really does help, both by giving light hold and combating the dreaded frizz.

Today (day seven) was another wash day, so I'm wearing my stainless steel Night Blooming Union of Hina and Aine butterfly sticks in a cinnabun.
    Oh, oh my. I really, really, really like these hair sticks! They are gorgeous! Your hair is beautiful also, so shiny and smooth!

I will not write Mel, I will not write Mel.........

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    Oh, oh my. I really, really, really like these hair sticks! They are gorgeous! Your hair is beautiful also, so shiny and smooth!

I will not write Mel, I will not write Mel.........

Thank you! This pair is one of my favorites for wash days. She made the flower stick to go with the butterfly dangle stick at my request- it was originally listed in her shop as a single. I love her sticks and she's always so nice about customizing orders. Her Etsy shop is one of my favorite go-to places where I know I can find wonderful things that I'll love forever.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Ingalls View Post
    Call me a noob..every time I see this thread I always think (skiming and reading too fast) the name of the thread is something about wear all your hair toys at once...(or is that another thread...)

Anyway thinking that was the title I found this picture of me when I was younger.

Messy I know, I was having fun with my siblings.

HOW CUTE IS THIS?!?!?!?!?! I'm glad you misread the title of this thread. Thanks for posting this delightful picture!

P.S. I'm not a noob, but I still read it the way you did the first time I read it.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!