Is there such a thing as a "hair perfume"?

Besides essential oils, I'm thinking.

I'm a cologne junky, although I have to be very careful as many scents (a few EO's included) can make me sneeze.

I like EO's but I tend to buy them single, and don't mix to create different scents. Not sure how much time I want to spend on that at the moment, although I used to play with them more. If I DID stick with EO's, what's the best way to apply...a few drops on the hand and rubbed on, or should it be in a carrier? Or can it be added to water and sprayed? Come to think of it, I did make an jojoba oil & water spray that had some EO's added but the scent didn't last long, either in the bottle, or after being sprayed. Someone suggested that the airborne oil could be a problem and one time I did accidentally inhale some which was not a good experience.

In my pre-LHC days I would (very rarely) spray some cologne into the air and walk through it to get some scent on my hair. I realize the alcohol is an issue so I don't do that any more, and I can't find ANY sort of body spray that does not have alcohol in it.

Any ideas?

TIA!