Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scent for hair?

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default scent for hair?

Is there such a thing as a "hair perfume"?

Besides essential oils, I'm thinking.

I'm a cologne junky, although I have to be very careful as many scents (a few EO's included) can make me sneeze.

I like EO's but I tend to buy them single, and don't mix to create different scents. Not sure how much time I want to spend on that at the moment, although I used to play with them more. If I DID stick with EO's, what's the best way to apply...a few drops on the hand and rubbed on, or should it be in a carrier? Or can it be added to water and sprayed? Come to think of it, I did make an jojoba oil & water spray that had some EO's added but the scent didn't last long, either in the bottle, or after being sprayed. Someone suggested that the airborne oil could be a problem and one time I did accidentally inhale some which was not a good experience.

In my pre-LHC days I would (very rarely) spray some cologne into the air and walk through it to get some scent on my hair. I realize the alcohol is an issue so I don't do that any more, and I can't find ANY sort of body spray that does not have alcohol in it.

Any ideas?

TIA!
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Intothemist,

I am currently developing my perfumery hobby, and that includes scenting my hair misters. I have had some success with blending key EO to make lovely fragrances, but every once in a while, I get an unexpected result. Recently, I had to stop using my conditioner blended with cinnamon because it bleached my hair quite a bit lighter.
    [CENTER]

Length
    bald/21/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

hey good question ... i was thinking of it ... i love the fructis smell - i am sure addition of natural fragrances to hair oil should work...
    Also in the olden days they used to smoke hair with fragrances not sure if anyone still does that ...

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Okay I'm admit I'm a romance novel reader and I love historicals the more detail the better. Usually the heroine has long flowing beautiful hair. The last one I read our heorine was kidnapped and sent to a harem - gasp! Anyway her maid brushed her hair with scented oil - so I was wondering the same thing about scenting hair. Maybe mist the brush or a few drops of eo on the bbb? They also dried the hair with pure silk fabric to add shine - that one has been rattlin' around the back of my brain for a while (would have to be natural uncolored silk - not sure how the dye would stay in the fabric wet... any way rambling....)
    It's probably bad for the hair, but I've been known to put a few drops of my perfume in my palms and then smooth through my hair.

Length
    pixie/23"/BSL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

This is what I do, I mix my perfume with fractionated coconut oil (liquid form, unscented) about a 1:2 ratio. Then I use the coconut oil as a leave in and it smells great. I know the alcohol offsets the coconut oil, but maybe they just even each other out. Anyway, it works for me.

Happy to be Home CountessDeJager's Avatar
    Length
    most/all/all

Heidi W. taught me to put a drop or two of grapefruit EO on the coconut oil for my hair and it smells delightful at the time but I can never catch the scent afterwards. I have found a perfume hair mist that does linger from Isle of Eden (mostly a bath junkie site). I haven't noticed the hair softening properties but then my hair is pretty soft already. IOE also does scented shampoos and conditioners that give me a slight scent afterward.

Elizabeth
    Avatar photo is me in 2002 taken by my sweet mom who kindly has taken a lot of hair pictures for me. Of course, not as many as Bill D. has.

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

It may not be the best for my hair but I sometimes dab in some straight EO, usually rose or a citrus scent. I don't know if this is bad or not.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Atlantaz3- I am so ashamed to admit this, but I think I have read that book......

I'm a guilty of spraying perfume in the air and walking through it to get it on my hair, I have stopped (for the most part) this practice. I don't have any EO (I know!!!!!) so for now I just look for yummy smelling leave-in conditioners.

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Some manufacturers of high-end perfume concoct special versions for hair. I used to own one from Gucci Envy (my favourite perfume), and I think Chanel Chance has one too. These are without alcohol.

Lately I've been using the body sprays from this etsy seller:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5068014

The ingredients listed are: Water, Witch Hazel, Aloe Leaf Juice, Black Willow Bark, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Methyl/Propylparaben,(Polysorbate 20), fragrance or essential oil.

So no alcohol, I do think witch hazel might be a bit drying. Most of the other stuff is in my mister bottle too.
    She does have awesome scents, though - I own a couple, and her Amazing Grace-type is just heavenly.
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Goth Rosary makes conditioner in the same scents as their perfume. Using a little as a leave-in (or in my mister) gives my hair a nice, light scent.
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie