Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scent for hair?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

tangerine EO is what i add when i want my hair to smell nice, i love nice smells in my hair!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: scent for hair?

I have found a site with hair perfume. I have not tried it but it sounds like it smells good.
    http://www.quickbizsites.com/desertb.../sdetail/13151

I'm patiently waiting for this one to come out:

http://tsilaorganics.com/products/hair.html

Unless I find something else in the meantime. It's a mix of butters and oils perfumed with EO's that you can use as a leave-in for your hair and/or on your body.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

www.hairscents.com

I bought a couple of them a few years back but I didn't like them. Maybe someone else would?

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I use BPAL to scent my hair. I usually put a drop or so in my mister, give it a good shake and then spritz away, but my mister seems to have snuck away in the night (a habit it seems to do a lot lately), and so I've been putting a bit in my hand and rubbing it through that way.
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by atlantaz3 View Post
    Okay I'm admit I'm a romance novel reader and I love historicals the more detail the better. Usually the heroine has long flowing beautiful hair. The last one I read our heorine was kidnapped and sent to a harem - gasp!
    [hijack]

My God! I have never heard of anything like this happening in a romance novel!

[/hijack]

I dab Body Shop perfume oil on the nape of my neck. It kind of wafts up and through the hair, although technically the hair itself is not scented.

ETA: Also, Kimberlily's Coconut Hair Butter recipe calls for adding EOs. I don't put any in myself, since I like the smell of coconut, but I'm sure this would work well as a carrier for scent.
    Last edited by dorothea-brooke; August 6th, 2008 at 07:45 PM.
    *** watch this space ***

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

What about "fragrance oils" I have a few, not sure what is in them. I wondered about putting a few drops in a mister with some water and.....stuff (not a clue what). Obviously different fragrance oils will have different things in them, but does anyone use them, think it would hurt my hair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    pixie/50?/70?
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

I have not read all the posts, but here's what I do. I put a small puddle of jojoba in the palm of my hand and 8 or more drops of essential oil, rub hands together and apply to hair.

I can smell it later, as well. My current fave is half EO of orange and half EO of clove. Ahhhh.
    May 2008: Natural waves, prior to drying, when it straightens out.
    Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Land of Nees

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Has anyone tried making teas (like people might with hibiscus for reddening) and using a bit of that in their mister? I was stuck by the urge to do this recently and made mint tea and used that. It was actually pretty nice.
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My hair tends to retain the scent of the conditioners that I use, so I only buy the ones that I think smell good. The scent is especially apparent when I've had my hair up for awhile, then shake it down.

I don't see any harm in spraying perfume into the air and walking through it. The alcohol evaporates very fast when sprayed into the air. I don't think you'd end up with appreciable amounts of alcohol on your hair.