Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scent for hair?

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I have been wondering about this too. I have been using a Henna shampoo and it leaves a scent on my hair- I am not sure if I like it or not but other people have commented on liking the smell.

I also have been known to put a little of my purfume on my hands and smooth through my hair but I know that is not the best thing.

I do use a lavender EO and water in a mister bottle. That leaves a nice smell but its not noticeable really!

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I have to second Goth Rosary...crypt is my favorite leave-in because the way it wears on my hair makes me feel kind of feral towards the end of the day. It's a nice light leave-in, too.

Sometimes I put a touch of perfume or perfume oil on my hair or in my mister, but not very often - apart from GR, many of my favorite scents wear strangely on my hair and smell kind of musty after a while.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thanks for the info! Can either of you recommend a scent from either the GR or the etsy site: in particular I like patchouli scents and also sandalwood. However, they are often too strong so I'm looking for something that adds other scents to tone them down without losing them altogether.

ETA: I can't wear anything too citrusy as it makes me sneeze
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

intothemist: etsy's Egyptian Dragon has patchouli in it - "The essence of sensuality captured in this fragrance with it's aromatic blend of exotic amber, elegant frankincense and myrrh with just a whisper of patchouli. The tiny top notes of rose and other lovely florals gently tickle your nose and drifts softly into an musky background. This fragrance embodies the seductive scents of mysterious Ancient Egypt."

The only scent with sandalwood is a male scent, though. Her travel sizes are rather cheap, though, so you might just give them a try.
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Murphy View Post
    intothemist: etsy's Egyptian Dragon has patchouli in it - "The essence of sensuality captured in this fragrance with it's aromatic blend of exotic amber, elegant frankincense and myrrh with just a whisper of patchouli. .

Thanks, Miss Murphy! I read that list fast and didn't notice "whisper" and that it's got other florals! I WILL try that one!!
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

[quote=Jeni;44001]Atlantaz3- I am so ashamed to admit this, but I think I have read that book......

Bertrice Small my favorite historical romance author. Her heroines always have gorgeous hair.

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

You're welcome! Their scents are very light, though. I always carry a travel-size with me to reapply during the day.
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I often use just a spritz of perfume in my hair.
    With high quality perfumes it only takes what lands on your hair from one spray to scent it nicely, and I've never noticed any harmful effects from the drop of alcohol in one spray.

Length
    short/28/30+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

L'Oreal used to make hair fragrances, I remember that it came in two flavors- warm and cool. I don't know if it is still available though.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I remember somebody here dilute Bpal in jojoba oil and use it as perfume for hair. I thought everybody use Bpal for hair. That's why Bpal is allowed on the swap board, right?

I put a few drops of rose oil and sandalwood oil in my regular hair oil. It's pretty light but I can smell it easily.