Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does henna absorb better on dry hair?

Default Re: Does henna absorb better on dry hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    That doesn't sound right at all. As long as the mud has enough liquid to saturate the hair, it should have worked.
    I always applied to dry hair, I did make my mud a bit thinner than most people do
    the problem could also be that I did not use heat anywhere in this treatment. Somehow I thought that if you let the henna soak long enough, no heat is needed at any point. I still don't know what is right and what is wrong, but I don't keep my henna all time only in room temperature anymore (but I don't boil it either).

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    If you put it on dry, there is less dripping.

Can't stand the dripping.
    No dripping is a big thing! I just tried this last evening and was amazed how I was free from this pain! Even though my henna mix was REALLY runny! But my dry hair soaked that all (I was prepared to wet my lengths if it feels impossible to spread henna there when they are dry but then i remembered that i actually need no henna in my lengths now when I have there my desired color with aker fassi, and I need no red deepening at the moment, that colour stays good especially in my ends.)

Someone even said that the result is better with dry hair, I'm yet to see about that (now letting conditioner sit).
    Last edited by Priska; February 24th, 2024 at 01:01 AM.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Adding my experience to the thread: I've done henna, cassia, and sedr all on both wet and dry hair, and honestly I have never noticed a difference in conditioning or color uptake on wet versus dry. I find it more convenient to apply on dry hair because it's easier for me to section it off and detangle it.