View Poll Results: My hair grows fast because?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vitamins, shakes, etc.

35 62.50%
  • Topical growth aids

7 12.50%
  • Both

14 25.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have fast hair growth because?

Length
    bsl/hips/clss+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: I have fast hair growth because?

Vitamins and good diet do the trick for me. Since I'm prone to let my body starve without even noticing, the lack of growth is something as an alarm clock for me to start eating more. So for me proper food is the first and most essential thing for optimized hair growth.
    No trims in 2012
    No more shedding..No more shedding..

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My hair has been growing faster since LHC. But not because of either of those things. Its simply because I haven't cut it as often!

I don't believe anything will significantly increase your hairs rate of growth. If you have a vitamin deficiency then yes vitamins will help. Most people don't though. & if you think you do then you should get it checked out by a doctor.

Topical stuff may improve your hairs condition, making it more manageable & delaying the need for a trim. This is why it seems like your hair is growing faster. & as for herbs, again they can help with deficiencies, some are antibacterial etc but most will only work if there is a problem in the first place.

Having said that I would love a magic potion that doubles my growth rate so if I am wrong, and someone has found said potion, please let me know!
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I think vitamins help, just because they give your body what it needs to be healthy. Helathy body= healthy hair.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Last November I started wearing my hair in a bun. It grew from one inch past waist to hip.
    By march. It didnt realy grow faster. But wearing it in a bun promtes growth.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I think a good diet is way more important than pills, which can't replicate what you get from good food. In any case, sometimes my hair grows at an average/slightly above average rate, and sometimes it grows very fast, and I don't change anything. I think it's more heredity than anything.

Length
    26/32/37ish
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I said topical growth aids because of oil hair masks. My hair grows 3/4'' per month. Sometimes more, but the oils have helped decrease sheading and improved the shine and strength of my hair a whole lot. I love them

I used to use Jojoba Oil alone, but now I use Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil and Almond Oil.

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I replied topical growth aids... but the only thing I apply topically is oil.. I have no idea, actually... I generally get 0.5-1" per month. It's not "ludicrous speed" but fast enough, I suppose. I don't take any vitamins, but I do eat healthy.. pretty much only Indian food. Breads, rice, dals, veggies, lean meats, etc.. milk, but my husband is opposed to cheese... :/ I still eat string cheese.

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I didn't vote because 'overall healthy diet' and 'warm weather' weren't options, and those are the things that make my hair grow fast.

Length
    SL/26/WL+
    Type
    1c/F/ii

i vote for genetics too, i ve been eating well, taking vitamins, etc and nothing helps im on a stall for a few months now, i dont know why but it just doesnt grow , lucky you that have fast grow