Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

Default Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

I was curious if there was anyone here who has decided to let their hair grow indefinitely and not even trim split ends, or at most to occasionally trim just their split ends but otherwise leave their hair alone. Are they such people around here?

I'm not one of the above - my hair is a bob and I like it that way - but if I were a woman, I might consider doing such a thing, depending on how manageable the ultimate terminal length would be.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

I don't do S&D, and I haven't trimmed since November 2016, and will probably wait 2 years before a tiny trim back. Probably. I might go for 3 years of growing, we'll see. I think at some point, if your hair grows like crazy (1/2 a month = crazy to me, if you never trim), you will have to at least take a bit off, unless you are going for knee or ankle or floor at some point.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

i recently decided to start seriously growing out my hair and I think i'm gonna go the route you described, not cutting or trimming or anything, at least for a couple of years.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm probably not going to trim until the 2018 no trim challenge is over. I do need to do so once more to even up my regrowth (darn you mohaaaawk!), but it's really hard to do at this length unless I'm cutting a good amount off. I think a year of growth (~6" unless I get a growth spurt again) would be enough so that I can trim more easily without losing a ton of length.

As for split ends, I trim them if I see them, but otherwise don't go looking. Mostly due to being able to only get the front of my hair, since the back isn't long enough to be in my actual eyesight.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I did this for 2 years: only s&d. Thank God I was smart enough to wait and search for the great tutorial about micro trim (longhairedatheart's method). It kept my hair somewhat healthy before I could buy conditioner and start microtrims session. Now I still micro trim and I think I will do it regularly. After I reach classic I will also trim because I don't care about length that much. I will keep my hair as healthy as possible and let's see where it stops. The absolute maximum will be mid-calf when dry and most probably floor length drenched with water when I wash it. I am short anyway so my hair "grows fast"

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I think I'll trim my hair a few more times but I want to find my false terminal length hopefully around tailbone where I won't trim anymore. I also wear my hair down so I don't think it'll keep growing past an unreasonable point. I think at that point I'll only trim if my ends if I get weird racer hairs or something.
    CBL~APL~BSL~MBL~WAIST~HIP~TBL

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I don't trim anymore. The only time I cut my hair at all is if I get a faerie knot I can't work out (those are insanely rare, but happen).
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/44/NA
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I don't really trim or S&D, but I do cut off split ends if I ever happen to notice them. I used to keep it at tailbone to wait for the hair to thicken up, but I stopped doing that last year.

Length
    SL/MBL/Class
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I would like not to trim my hair at all, but if there is damage or split ends I will cut it. I hope that by my new routine and current condition that I will not have to trim for a long time. Thats why I joined the no trimming challenges for the next 2 years.
    Stretched BOB-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Curly BOB-Neck-SL-APL -BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Length
    12/12/31
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

I've decided to cut out (pun intended) trimming altogether for the next 3 years until I graduate. If I keep treating my hair well and try not to focus so much on split ends, I should be able to reach hip length or maybe longer! I'm excited to have this goal for myself. I am going to keep doing oil treatments, and hopefully wash my hair less. I currently wash every other day, but I am going to try to stretch the time to every 3 or 4 days.