Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottle blonde grows long!

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Bottle blonde grows long!

If you don't want to buy the purple/blue shampoos and /or the Sun-IN all the time, a good thing to use is the HALO rinse.

HALO Rinse Leave In:

1 Tbsp Honey
    1 Tbsp Aloe vera gel
    1 Tbsp Lemon juice
    1/2 Tsp Oil
    1 Tsp vinegar
    8 cups distilled water (about 2 liters)

I use a gallon container that can be shaken. Mix all ingredients. I keep the container in the fridge and right before washing my hair/taking a shower, I shake the container well and pour out around 8 ounces in a plastic cup (shower safe). After washing and conditioning well, I pour the HALO on my hair and work it through, then towel using a microfiber towel. I don't rinse this out. The distilled water helps remove any minerals if you have hard water. The lemon juice helps 'brighten' your blonde and the honey and aloe (you can omit the aloe) help give excellent moisture, while the white vinegar helps the ph of your scalp.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

bumpity bumpity.

I want to do this myself. Just have to decide if a boxed bleach/dye thing is a good idea and which one is decent.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by justgreen View Post
    If you don't want to buy the purple/blue shampoos and /or the Sun-IN all the time, a good thing to use is the HALO rinse.

HALO Rinse Leave In:

1 Tbsp Honey
    1 Tbsp Aloe vera gel
    1 Tbsp Lemon juice
    1/2 Tsp Oil
    1 Tsp vinegar
    8 cups distilled water (about 2 liters)

I use a gallon container that can be shaken. Mix all ingredients. I keep the container in the fridge and right before washing my hair/taking a shower, I shake the container well and pour out around 8 ounces in a plastic cup (shower safe). After washing and conditioning well, I pour the HALO on my hair and work it through, then towel using a microfiber towel. I don't rinse this out. The distilled water helps remove any minerals if you have hard water. The lemon juice helps 'brighten' your blonde and the honey and aloe (you can omit the aloe) help give excellent moisture, while the white vinegar helps the ph of your scalp.
    Ah this sounds excellent!
    Does it help remove gold tones or brassiness? I am currently dealing with that issue & purple shampoos were just not working for me. They never have, really. My hair is a dirty, darker blonde bordering on light brown, but I cannot get rid of the warm tone in my hair. Until I can grow it out/re-dye it, I needed something to get rid of the darn gold, so this sounds great

I have slightly longer than pixie length hair, though, so I'll have to make a smaller batch haha.
    Made the big chop, starting all over! Pixie has grown out, now working with my shaggy growing-out stage <3 Also dreaming of ombre hair <3

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

ArienEllariel personally i always get mine done at the salon as i have fine hair which im too scared of damaging by doing it myself. I've heard that the best way to do it yourself is to but the bleach powder and developer sepereratly and mix yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2rF...6B349468F0CC0E

Length
    ?/?/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Am I the only person who likes gold tones in my hair?? *sigh*

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sisgoldenhair65 View Post
    Am I the only person who likes gold tones in my hair?? *sigh*
    I like the golden tones too!! I had a golden blonde color for the longest time.

I'll be going blonde in about a week and a half...I can't wait to join this thread!

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    ?/?/CL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Yay, Cheetah!! I just feel like anything flat or ashy toned would age me. I'm sure it's just a mindset but I'm afraid to go ash. Can't wait to see your new color!!!

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I no longer bleach my hair but I've really enjoyed reading this thread - yay for beautiful healthy bottle blonde hair

I'm a natural dark ash blonde and bleached my hair from aged 13 (I was a natural platinum blonde as a child too) until last summer. I have a very pale cool yellow skin tone and I look terrible with any warmth in my hair. In 18 years of bleaching I only ever had one stylist who gave me the lovely silvery blonde I wanted, I was so sad to move away from him. Anyway, this was one of the reasons I finally decided to go back to my natural colour, I was spending a fortune and battling damage and didn't even like the result! My hair was in pretty good condition, as far as I remember, when it was silvery though, I'll try to find a picture if anyone's interested in seeing it.
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    BSL/SL/Clssc
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

1) What is your starting color?
    I was bright strawberry blonde as a baby, turned honey-blonde, and then a weird Red-brown-grey. x.x It was one of those medium not-dark, not-light colors that nobody can identify.

2) How do you get your beautiful blonde color?
    Various box dyes, done in stages from dyed red, back to a semblance of my natural color and then lightened back to blonde. I tried bleaching myself and then had to cut it all off. The box dye isn't as harsh on my hair if I spread it out to every 3-4 months. It always turns gold-blonde on me no matter how ashy I dye it.... I want to lighten it to an ash-silver blonde but fear it'd look bad. I consider myself cool-toned because I'm extremely pink, but my eyes are warm-toned and tend more towards green than in this picture. Any ideas on whether the ashy color would look better? I'm rosacea-prone and am a little scared.

3) How do you care for your hair?
    I switch my routine a lot. I love the Suave Professionals line and use the rosemary mint shampoo with the almond-shea butter conditioner. I'm still experimenting with olive oil on the ends, but my hair loves cones.

4) Any problems that you've solved (such as brassiness)?
    I get crunchy, dry ends sometimes and leave in conditioner overnight. But I'm considering trying purple/ash rinses from Sally's after reading this thread... how does one use rinses, anyhow? My hair gets less wavy when I dye it, and I'm trying to fix that, too... I like the waves. >.<

5) Last but not least - how long is your hair?
    about two inches past collarbone length. I had to trim about 6 inches off from the picture.
    Last edited by ApatheticFairy; May 17th, 2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: The picture was huuuuuge

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Welcome apatheticfairy your hair cololour looks lovely, but i think you could easily get away with going ashy too. I am pale with pinky tones and i just have to go ash/silver - my face looks bright red and washed out (not sure how thats possible at the same time!) if i go for golden shades
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict