Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottle blonde grows long!

Length
    27,5/38/43
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bottle blonde grows long!

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    I don't know how i didn't find this sooner!

After what others have said about how most europeans can get away with blonde, thats one thing i don't agree with however! I'm english and the majority of people i know are english or european - most of them wouldn't suit blonde at all, even warmer shades. I don't think it's as simple as matching a decent to a colour, but i do agree that everyone should be free to experiment with hair colour without being judged for it. and just because your colour isn't totally natural doesn't mean it can't suit you
    I agree! I donīt know why it is more acceptable to henna your hair bright red here than do highlights a shade lighter or two . Sure, its more damaging to bleach hair but I for example never bleach hair that has been bleached before and my hair is healthy except from damaged caused by a stupid hairdresser who dyed my hair dark brown when I wanted it one shade darker than medium blonde.

A change is a change, whats the difference between wanting blonder hair and wanting darker /redder? You do it cause you think it looks better on you/in general

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
    I agree! I donīt know why it is more acceptable to henna your hair bright red here than do highlights a shade lighter or two . Sure, its more damaging to bleach hair but I for example never bleach hair that has been bleached before and my hair is healthy except from damaged caused by a stupid hairdresser who dyed my hair dark brown when I wanted it one shade darker than medium blonde.

A change is a change, whats the difference between wanting blonder hair and wanting darker /redder? You do it cause you think it looks better on you/in general
    Totally agree, thats one thing i dislike about the forum - how the trend seems to be towards henna and anything bleach related is totally horrific and shocking!

I apply coconut oil to my hair before i get my highlights topped up (same as you, i don't bleach over bleach, just the roots) and the coconut oil chelates the free radicals produced by bleach and therefore minimising damage (thanks to ktani for that one). Since i started doing that ive not seen any damage to the newly bleached area.

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by whitedove View Post
    I have a few questions about purple shampoo and this seems a logical place to ask.

How often do you use it?
    How long do you leave it on? Recommended time or longer?
    Do you use the purple condish too?
    After how many washes before you noticed it had taken effect?

Would love some advice, thanks in advance for any tips
    I use two different brands of purple shampoo. I use John Freida Sheer Blonde Color Correcting shampoo (in the purple tube) for regular washing. This shampoo is a medium purple, not as pigmented as something like Shimmer Lights. I do two shampooings and don't usually leave it in. I condition with a mix of the matching conditioner, which has very little of the purple pigment and is lavender in tone, and whatever other coney stuff I am using at the time.

Every ten days to two weeks or so, I wash with the Sally's generic version of Clairol Shimmer Lights. This stuff is an intense deep purple. I apply, suds up and clip my hair up and leave it in at least three minutes. Rinse then condition.

Purple shampoos aren't terribly conditioning, in fact they are a tad drying so lots of conditioning is necessary. I started seeing results after a few weeks of consistent use and I like my hair more and more, the longer I use them. IMO, purple shampoos are the stuff and I can't live without them.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shermie Girl View Post
    IMO, purple shampoos are the stuff and I can't live without them.
    In the past I too had this opinion, but since my hair got so much better from a CO regime im reluctant to go back to shampoo and the purple conditioners hardly seem to have any colour at all compared to shampoo which is a huge pity

Has anyone used Directions white toner?

ETA: shermiegirl your hair colour in your sig is beautiful makes me want to try a full colour
    Last edited by afu; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: ETA: shermiegirl your hair colour in your sig is beautiful :) makes me want to try a full colour

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think that bleach is a horror for many people, especially those with fine hair.
    My hair won't tolerate it, so I had to wait for age to bring me silver, which I like very-very much.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I think that bleach is a horror for many people, especially those with fine hair.
    My hair won't tolerate it, so I had to wait for age to bring me silver, which I like very-very much.
    I love silver, literally can't wait for my hair to age!!

Length
    -/TB/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

1) What is your starting color?
    Very dark brown

2) How do you get your beautiful blonde color?
    A very good colourist!I get it professionally done because it's such a big change

3) How do you care for your hair?
    I CWC (non SLS shampoo) and oil it as soon as it's dry. I don't heat style at all ever. I'm very very very gentle when combing and detangling. I've just started braiding it and putting it in updos again, that was what really helped when I was growing my hair before dying it.

4) Any problems that you've solved (such as brassiness)?
    My main problems have been dryness and an awful two tone in my hair from where I dyed it dark brown and then dyed it back to blond (it seems only I can see it though). The dryness actually got 20 times worse after that, but is getting better with all the care I'm currently putting into it. I haven't found a permanent solution to either I'm afraid. Any suggestions are welcome.

5) Last but not least - how long is your hair?
    Tailbone but very thin see through ends from the waist down (was this way even before I dyed it, not sure if it's gotten worse or not).
    Last edited by Fantak; April 23rd, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Just have to tell u I think I admire your hair the most on here! It's what I'm going for! And the silver is stunning wow

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Shermie Girl View Post
    Yeah, baby! I can finally participate in this thread, at long, long, long last!

1) What is your starting color?

I am dead bang between a level 5 (light brown) and 6 (dark blonde) with about... 35% or so grey/silver.

2) How do you get your beautiful blonde color?

I use 40 volume creme developer and a high lift tint in ultra light ash blonde then tone, again with about a level 8 ash to cool my hair's natural tendency to pull too brassy and a bit red. I am a golden blonde, in spite of the ash tint and toner. It's just how my hair rolls.

3) How do you care for your hair?

Shampoo, conditioner, plenty of coney leave ins. Purple shampoo for helping to discourage brass. Oil... The usual.

4) Any problems that you've solved (such as brassiness)?

Ash toner and purple shampoo. My new blonde is still a work in progress.

5) Last but not least - how long is your hair?

"Can I call this waist?" length.

I am so happy to finally be blonde, again. It's been a long time coming and I have been over a lot of bumps in the road on the way here. My colour isn't my "perfect dream blonde" just yet. I am tweaking it but I am pleased with how it looks so far and every time I look in my mirror, I sigh with happiness and feel as if my hair has finally come home.
    Oh my gosh your color is perfect to me Im trying to get my natural ash blonde color back but if I wasnt doing that your color is the color I would want!

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    In the past I too had this opinion, but since my hair got so much better from a CO regime im reluctant to go back to shampoo and the purple conditioners hardly seem to have any colour at all compared to shampoo which is a huge pity

Has anyone used Directions white toner?

ETA: shermiegirl your hair colour in your sig is beautiful makes me want to try a full colour
    I wish that they made conditioner that had more purple pigment in it, too. I am going to try making my own with toner and conditioner and see how it works.

Purple shampoo isn't moisturizing at all. But I really like how it works for my hair so I use it and condition and oil the stuffing out of it.

Thank you for your kind words about my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyghost View Post
    Oh my gosh your color is perfect to me Im trying to get my natural ash blonde color back but if I wasnt doing that your color is the color I would want!
    Thank you so much. I am currently working on cooling my overall tone down a bit. I am going for something that is more neutral, leaning ashy to better blend in my silvers.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!