Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has (or plans to) cut back to waist?

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Who has (or plans to) cut back to waist?

I had another thought too. I do think waist length is good for me, but I also think that an ankle length braid would be amazing...<sigh> I just don't know.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    22/28/waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Waist has been and still is my goal. I've had longer lengths and I know what I think looks best on me as well as what's easier to manage. I may go a little longer just for fun but I doubt I'll keep it there.
    Lady Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    25/29/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I grew my hair to hip and cut back to waist this summer and then again in January. (Actually, my hair is a little above waist). I cut it because of damage and extremely thin ends due to shedding and damage, post-partum and hair color, heat tools etc...I actually had almost no choice it was basically invisible at the ends and now at least I can see my hair! I love hip length and longer is my goal but, at waist I feel like my hair length is long. I really do not want it any shorter so it is a good compromise for me. I do think that waist length hair is in some ways a perfect length for beauty and managability. So, for now it works for me but, eventually I would love to have all natural, untouched by heat as long as my hair will grow hair.
    For if a woman has long hair it is a glory to her 1Corinthians 11:15

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I suspect waist is chosen as the point to cut back to because it's still long, yet manageable.

I mean, at tbl, who wants to cut all the way back to bsl? Or apl? But waist is significant enough to cut off damage, yet still be long.

I thought when I reached waist/hip, maybe I'd cut back to bsl to get rid of damage -- but that's too short! Who knows, though? Maybe in a year, I'll be happy to cut back to my current length, and then grow again.

Length
    2"/58"/Ni!
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I hit the 50" mark this month and my hair is the longest it's ever been in my life. My mother asked me not to cut it until she sees it. I haven't seen her in two years, so it's gotten quite a bit longer since she saw it last.

I do plan to cut my hair back to a more manageable length shortly after my mother seeing it. I'm not sure I'll go as short as waist, though. Probably somewhere in between waist and tailbone. It's so long now that it's in the way unless it's pulled up in one fashion or another. Even braids are too long to leave down. So, I want to go back to something that's easier to care for and something I can still have fun with.

I think your hair should be enjoyable to you. For whatever reasons. And waist length hair certainly turns heads.

Mine still turns heads, but it gets odd comments as much as praise if I wear it down.

~♥~ Proud Member of the Renegray Gang ~♥~
    Lady Elishar of Light and Prophecy in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I haven't ever had hair past BSL so I'm guessing but I agree with the other people that said waist is long but still (seems) manageable.

I bounce around between a goal of waist/hip/TBL, I had given a thought to classic but I just don't think its for me. I want long hair but I also want to be able to wear my hair down without having too many issues. If I find TBL a pain I will cut back to hip or waist. It will also depend on whether I can get a thick hem at TBL, if not I will more then likely cut it back to hip or waist (hopefully I can get a decent hem at that length)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm about an inch and a half away from waist, and my plan is to stay between waist and hip for the forseeable future. Like everyone else has said, it's long without being too terribly unmanageable, and the growing time between waist and TB is fairly short, so if I want to go longer, it won't take forever. And like Sidani said, waist length certainly does turn heads!!

January 2016

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

my game plan so far is to grow it to tailbone, then one big cut to even it out (i had some DIY bang type thing going on). that should be to about waist length. and then after that, i may decide to grow longer. depends on how the total thickness at the ends affects my bunning abilities.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Type
    2a/M/ii

I have been thinking seriously about cutting back to waist, the main reason being that I don't really like wearing my hair up (although it's much better now thanks to the techniques I've learned here) and I'm finding since I passed waist that I just can't wear it down. But I'm having trouble bringing myself to cut off basically healthy ends! They are a little dry, damaged, etc, but not so bad, and the more I learn about how to take care of them, the less I feel like cutting them. It's a dilemma.

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Sometimes I consider cutting back because I'd like to be able to wear my hair in a low ponytail sometimes, the whiter my hait gets the less I like having to wear it with a centre parting which is what I get with buns and non-French/Dutch plaits. I'd cut it back to waist because it's long but not unmanageably so in terms of getting in my way when I try picking things up off the floor . So far I haven't done it because with the thickness my hair is, it'd mean I have a whole lot of useless sticks.

I think that's one reason that people cut back to that length, but also because it "looks good". That's not to say any other length looks "bad", but since waist coincides with the natural break between torso and legs, some people may unconsciously feel it is more aesthetically pleasing.