Thread: Suggestions for encouraging hair growth and health?

Length
    ?/bra/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

Question Suggestions for encouraging hair growth and health?

Hi everyone! I am new here and very excited! I have cut my hair a few times in my life and regretted it EVERYTIME!!! Now I am very anemic which is not helping the hair! The longest piece of hair down my back is not too far from my waist but it feels soooo short to me! I would like all my hair to my waist at the very least! I have seen mentions of monistat, what is it used for with hair? Anyone knows of anything that helps hair grow faster or healthier? Do you HAVE to trim? I do have 3 red streaks and I do touch up the grays, there are alot and it freaks my kids and husband! Thank you!

Length
    13Bob/28BSL/42TB+
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Suggestions for encouraging hair growth and health?

Whoa, lots of questions! Why don't you have a look at the articles section (the link's at the top of the page) where you'll find lots to get you started. Try browsing some of the other threads too.

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Suggestions for encouraging hair growth and health?

Welcome to LHC!! As was suggested above, there is an excellent Articles section, available for perusal, and everyone here is great at giving advice and support for growing out.

As far as the trimming thing...the only real reasons for trimming would be if you have damaged ends that a lot of conditioning TLC can't help, or if you're wanting to keep everything even on the bottom. If you're happy with the way it's growing, then just S&D (seek & destroy...which is trimming off the splits on individual hairs just above the split) should suffice. And as you learn more about how to take care of your hair, you should see fewer and fewer of those pesky splits.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights