Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trimming

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default trimming

does anyone with hip length or further still trim their hair? if so, how much and how often?

or actually, does ANYONE out there with long hair trim their hair?

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: trimming

I love trimming my hair. I trim about half an inch every 2-3 months when I'm growing it, and half an inch every month when I'm maintaining my length.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Yes of course I trim my hair (currently tailbone length, I cut back from classic) - if I didn't, how should I ever manage to thicken up my ends? I try to trim every month, but sometimes I forget it so there's 2 months in between trims. I usually do not cut more than an inch, except if my hair is especially tangly, thinning or damaged.
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Type
    1a/M/ii

I usually trim about 1-2 cm (~ 0.5'' - 1'') once a year, unless I try to thicken up the ends, then I trim the same ammount but every 3-4 months instead of once a year...

My hair is between waist and hip length and I want to maintain it this length. I get my nephew to trim it every 2/3 months or whenever it looks scraggy.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    does anyone with hip length or further still trim their hair? if so, how much and how often?

or actually, does ANYONE out there with long hair trim their hair?
    I'm inbetween tailbone and classic right now and keeping on with my goal of..knee xD. I usually would go to the great clips I think it was...Their was this 1 woman who gives good cuts. I haven't been in a long time and the last woman was a new one i didn't quite like. I would love to learn how to trim my own hair but my hands are kind of shaky so I'm not sure. Plus I'm not sure how you would reach past a certain point? I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though I'm interested in hearing how others do it ^-^
    Wish DBF would learn how to..>.> Might have to ask him to try sometime. His G-pa was a stylist i believe and maybe he could teach him

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I've trimmed my hair myself, every length between APL+ to fingertip.

Trimming gets rid of any splits you might accumulate, and maintains a thicker hemline. A lot of people want split free, thick ends s most people here trim.

I am lucky to be able to keep damage to a minimum and my hair grows evenly so at moment I am only trimming a centimetre here and there every few months to give my hem a shallower u shape. When I'm maintaining I would trim off an inch every two months, which is equivalent to all my growth in that time.

Even at fingertip length I was able to successfully use Feye's self trimming method; I would pull the band down as far as I could and them just pick up the ends and finish the trim. I wouldn't try to cut accurately with my arms at full extension!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I am almost at hip, and I usually trim to get rid of old damage, but right now I'm doing the No Trims in 2011 challenge so I won't trim till next January
    I hope my hair grows to tailbone this year

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I haven't had my hair trimmed for 14 months now because I wanted to have personal experience with both trimming and not trimming. I'm terrible at trimming it myself - one side always ends up longer than the other - but my stylist is awesome. I'm going in for a trim soon. I like getting trims about every 3-4 months.

Type
    2b/M/iii

My hair was about 43 inches and I trimmed back to 40.

I trim about every 4 months, using Feye's self trim method.