Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: long hair and glasses???

I was up in a piece of heaven while you burned in hell

Question long hair and glasses???

hiya as you all know I have been growing my hair out for 16 months now

I had to get glasses a few months ago I wore em a few times BUT I hat em I haven't worn them for a few months now I was happy til my Pop brought up the subject yesterday and told me to find them. I found them I was forced to wear em. I really hate how I look with the glasses and long hair.

I love my hair and everything but I am tempted to just to give up and get a shortcut so then I wouldn't look like a complete jack@ss with the glasses

what should I do? becuase I really don't wanna cut my hair

thanks

I was up in a piece of heaven while you burned in hell

anyone????

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

It really shouldn't be a problem. I guess it is simply the new "spectacled" look you find unusual, not the glasses+long hair combo. If you had short hair, you wouldn't like that any better with the glasses, I'll wager.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 11. The trick is to find the right style for your face. Also, experiment with your looks - hair down, hair up, hair parted this way or that way. It's a major change in your appearance, it sure was in mine, I guess it's the same for guys as girls.

And be patient. Give yourself time to get used to your glasses. Your hair is really beautiful and shiny, do not cut it!!

And remember: the health of your eyes is important, "forgetting" to wear your glasses can do damage to your sight especially if you are young. I got my first pair way too late. In a short time, my eyesight deteriorated and now I need much stronger glasses than I did at first. So, wear your glasses, enjoy life in its sharper outlines, and enjoy your hair.

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

If you need to wear them, you probably should no matter how you think it makes you look. Maybe after a while you can switch to contact lenses?

But why do you think you look bad with glasses and long hair? There are lots of people here with glasses and long hair, and to be honest I don't quite understand how short hair would fix what you see as the problem.

Maybe try some different styles, like updos or half-ups? It could change up your look a bit.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I think you'll find that there are at least some other people on this list with both long hair and glasses. I don't see anything wrong with the combination myself. I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 and I've had every length of hair from hip to pixie with them. I have always felt that it's not what you wear but how you wear it that matters. If you really don't like the look of long hair and glasses, then that is what will make you look less attractive--the fact that you don't like the look of them. That being said, the decision to cut or not is up to you. You should do with your hair whatever you think will make you feel good about yourself on the inside so you can project that outwards. You can also keep in mind that hair always grows so you can change your mind one way or the other.

Lady Magicatthe, Mother of Cats in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    BSL/55"/40''

Lots of people with long hair wear glasses including my husband (waist length) and myself (4" from knee). I get lots of compliments on my hair (which is usually in a single braid) and I think wearing glasses only enhances my "look".

I say keep your long hair and glasses.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I have had glasses since I was in the 3rd grade, never wore them. I hated them, felt like they made my face look even rounder then it was! Finally after years (and years and YEARS) of not wearing glasses and squinting (getting tons of headaches and developing a lovely wrinkle on my forehead, seriously I'm 25 and I have a deep forehead wrinkle!) I finally gave up and went to get glasses. This time I took a friend with me and after 4 different places and 500 different glasses, we found a wonderful pair. They look fantastic on me! It's all about finding the right shape for you face, the right color (mine are burgundy) and above all, getting use to them! I did eventually get contacts, but I never wear them, I think I look better with glasses on. Never thought I would say that.

Don't cut you hair short unless you want short hair. You will most likely hate glasses just as much with short hair. Give it time, I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think you do. You may find you like them, or if not, maybe your parents will get you contacts.

Good luck!
    Jeni

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Try wearing your hair back when you wear them (in a ponytail, maybe with a leather wrap?) Plus, that will keep the hair out of the hinges... which hurts.

Don't worry about it... eventually you'll get used to the look if you continue to wear them.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Are contacts an option? I switched to them, cuz I dont really like the look of them on me either. Contacts are so much better, in my opinion.

I HATE

Length
    10"/25"/Waist
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Cutting your hair won't help, because it is the glasses you dislike, not the hair! Take it from one who knows. It takes about two days to get to the point where you are less aware of the glasses and don't "see" the rims all the time and get distracted. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get used to how you look in them, I would say. After that, it takes about 2 to 4 weeks to get used to new frames everytime you get new glasses, longer if the styles change drastically, say from wire rims to these new dark plastic frames that are all the rage now. At least, those are my estimates, based on having worn glasses off and on (switching off with contacts for long periods as work allowed, etc, for uni I mostly wore glasses, then went back to contacts for work until my eyes got worse, etc) for the last 30+ years.