Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: long hair and glasses???

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I've had glasses since the 2nd grade and had long hair for the majority of my life from about age 12 and older. Now I sometimes wear glasses - sometimes I wear contacts. I wear whatever I feel like - not what I think other people want to see or expect to see. Long hair and glasses look just as nice as long hair and no glasses.

Maybe it will help to think of your glasses as a fun fashion accessory as opposed to something you "have" to wear. You could save up to maybe get a second pair so you could change your look when you want to. HTH.
    Lady Daeryane Moone of the Silken Sunshine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G. K. Chesterton

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Oh sweetie, there are lots of us here who have long hair and glasses. I've had glasses for many years, and it took me awhile to get used to the way I looked. Take a look around at all the women here and you'll see that long hair and glasses can be a very pretty combination!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

I was up in a piece of heaven while you burned in hell

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkandi View Post
    Are contacts an option? I switched to them, cuz I dont really like the look of them on me either. Contacts are so much better, in my opinion.
    no they are not

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeway View Post
    no they are not
    When I was 16 I was told the same. But really, do not feel so bad about this. This is a practical issue, you need glasses in order to see properly. Find a style that suits you, that is comfortable (priority #1 with me), and give yourself time to get used to your specs.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I have glasses, but I won't let that stop me from having long hair. The one problem I do have with glasses and my hair, is that my hair gets caught in the screw of my glasses on the bow and breaks my hair off

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Do you have a funky pair of frames that you like? I find that having a pair that you really like can help. I have worn glasses with both a pixie cut, hair down to my mid-back and every length in-between. It really depends on the glasses - a fashionable pair can be an accessory, if you get used to the fact that you are wearing glasses.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I tend to think smaller glasses with wire frames suit long hair better the sporty frames. I am also very fond of my daily wear contacts however.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I have long hair (I like to think so, anyway) and I've worn glasses for years. Glasses make ya look smart. Cutting your hair off won't change the fact you don't have perfect vision. Can you ask if you can wear contacts?
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

Account Closed by Member Request

I have long hair and glasses. I hate how I look with glasses but give up all these years of growth? Nope! Glasses felt weird for me at first, but I had to get used to it, or I can barely see anything that's far away (even when I'm close to the board, whatever is written on it looks like a huge blob).

I don't know what to tell you, except maybe give it time and then do what you think is best.

Length
    19/waist/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Personally, I love the look of long hair and glasses

I've been wearing glasses since I was about eleven. Wore contacts for a few years in my late teens and early twenties, but I can only wear them very rarely now (dry eyes from autoimmune disease). The only time I don't like wearing glasses is if I'm getting dressed up to go out these days.

Blog : Photos
    Lady Rpspideæ of the Crimson Thorns in the Order of the Long Haired Knights