Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: long hair and glasses???

Rapunzel Wannabe Robbi Dehlinger's Avatar
    Length
    SHORT/24 in/60 in

Hi!

I have worn glasses since I was 10, I wear l'il glasses now and I think they look fine with long hair

Robbi
    How long will it grow? Who knows? Let us see? Maybe I will be the next Diane Witt?

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Thank you to the ladies who posted their photos in their glasses, you are all so beautiful! You are an inspiration! I have glasses too, but I usually wear my contacts because I think my face is too round and the glasses make it worse. Maybe I am imagining it, because you all look great! But, I have lots of problems with my hair getting caught in the hinges too!

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'd never thought about it before - but I can think of loads of people I've known/met who had long hair and wore glasses. I remember some (most?) of them looking very attractive in that combo.

I wear contacts - but have just been to choose some new spectacle frames, so I can give my eyes a break from the contacts every now and then. Actually, they look really good with my long hair. I was quite suprised.

I chose quite small, almost oval shaped darkish frames - and these look so much better than the enormous spyglasses I still have lurking from the early 1990's. Now they really were horrors! I don't know what made me get them at the time...

A man once told me that he loved women in glasses. He said they were 'mysterious - like a mask'.

Go figure!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    Thank you to the ladies who posted their photos in their glasses, you are all so beautiful! You are an inspiration! I have glasses too, but I usually wear my contacts because I think my face is too round and the glasses make it worse. Maybe I am imagining it, because you all look great! But, I have lots of problems with my hair getting caught in the hinges too!
    ive got chubby chipmunk cheeks! my mom has them too... i try not to smile too much because if i smile big my cheeks look huge!
    can i call this classic length

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Funny you should mention this, since I"m on the look-out for new glasses.

Over the years, I've always made the same mistake: I buy a pair of glasses then get the urge to get a new hairstyle. Invariably the new glasses don't look right with the new 'do.

Now that I'm growing out my hair, that should no longer be an issue.

There are programs you can buy where you can upload a photo of yourself and try different hairstyles and eyeglasses, etc. There is also an online eyeglass company one can order from and they have a similar sort of thing on the site. Someone told me about that site on the old board, but I don't have it bookmarked.

You could even try some online avatar makers, as they include glasses. Sounds silly, maybe, but it can give you an idea about what kind work for your face & hair.

http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml
    http://avatars.yahoo.com/
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

I was up in a piece of heaven while you burned in hell

thanks all I have already made up my mind, I am keepin my hair with the glasses, maybe it is time to try some styles

can a mod please lock or delete this thread?

thanks