Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: long hair and glasses???

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

It is very important to get glasses that look good on you. Try on lots of glasses from different places if you can. And get opinions about how they look on you.

Also, try not to get thick lenses. You could look into clear, high index and non-glare lenses. You may like metal frames better.
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

You think that's bad? I have long hair, glasses AND braces!! Take that!
    Glasses and long hair doesn't look bad, i don't know where you got that from! I like glasses and long hair so it works out for me. Braces too is a bit nerd overkill but that will be over in a few short months (finally!)
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I wear glasses with long hair It's not really very different from wearing Sunglassses with long hair

Heres a bit of a photograph

I look dreadful from this angle but

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I love my glasses, i think they look lovely with long hair. I dont like bold styles on me, i have the half frames as in my avatar.
    Last edited by jojo; February 9th, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removing photo
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    21/28/BSL

It took me one weeks to pick out my last frames.
    One week, and a very honest friend.
    I must have tried on about 500 pairs. I took pictures of the ones I liked most while wearing them and looked at them later that day at my computer. Luckily, the optician was very patient.

I'm glad I took my time, because the glasses I've chosen are perfect! I like them very much, they suit my hair and I'm even considering buying the frames again, just in case I break the original ones.

Don't cut your hair, just buy the right glasses.

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I love glasses and the right ones can really make a face look spectacular (almost a pun - lol). I've had some great help from the people who work at the eyeglass shop in finding glasses that suit my face. On men, I tend to prefer the thin, metal rimmed glasses with smallish lenses. Long hair with sophisticated glasses... Yup!

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've worn glasses for 40 years, during which time I've had long hair and short hair. The only issue regarding hair length and glasses is long hair getting caught in the hinges. I strongly recommend this style to completely avoid this problem:

If you believe there is a problem with the looks of long hair and glasses, then wear your hair up ....which also protects your hair so that it grows out with very little breaking. I truly wish I had done this ever since the last time my hair was short.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I agree. Long hair and glasses are not a problem. Perhaps you could switch to contact lenses in the future. The local optical shop had a sale on them last year, and I got a one-year supply of disposable soft contact lenses for less than $100 (that's U.S. dollars; I forgot where in the world you are). Unfortunately I discovered that I can't wear them for very long as they make my eyes water. Drats!

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

I've been wearing glasses since I was in the third grade and hated them from that point until I was 16, when I got contacts and a new set of frames that I actually liked (for the first time ever). I discovered that I prefer bold frames on me as opposed to the wire rims I had been wearing. Then of course contacts were to much of a hassle to be bothered with everyday and I only wore them once or twice a week. . . I've been happily wearing my glasses ever since. The frames make a difference and most days I prefer the look of glasses now.

As far as contacts not being on option- my parents told me no for years because my dad said that if I couldn't be responsible in wearing the glasses so I could see, then how could he be sure I would wear the contacts (without checking my eyeballs everyday of course)? Give it some time, wear your glasses, and there's a possibility that you could get contacts in the future, but please don't jeopordize your vision in the meantime.

Me in glasses with 2nd day hair (excuse the myspacy-ness of the pic):
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    i have glasses that are simalar to starr's ive been told that i look better in glasses when my hair is longer... i dont wear my glasses very often though... only one of my eyes is bad enough to need glasses... im thinking it may be cheaper in the long run to get lasic surgery because it costs like 900$ per eye... glasses cost 300$ per year so it would pay for itself in 3 years for each eye... i would only get it in my bad eye i think..
    im thinking you may just need new frames that work with long hair...
    can i call this classic length