Thread: Rosehip oil vs rosemary oil

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Rosehip oil vs rosemary oil (updated)

I meant to go pick up some Rosemary oil today and accidentally brought home Rosehip oil.
    I never see anything about Rosehip on these forums so I am wondering if that is a bad thing.

Have any any of you used Rosehip oil?
    How is it compared to Rosemary?

This is is my first time getting essential oils. I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help or advice is appreciated.

<Ok, over the night I was able to look into this and actually found a bit of info>

. On one site I read that mixing it with caster oil and using it as a leave in (on scalp) would promote hair growth. I don't know if this is true so I would look into it for those interested.
    Here is a copy & paste of s little further info:

Like jojoba, rosehip oil also is a dry feeling or non-greasy oil. It is well absorbed by our scalp skin, helping to keep it moisturised and soft. This lovely oil is an excellent source of essential fatty acids that aid in repair and renewal of damaged hair follicles and scalp tissue to promote healthy hair growth.
    For Healthy & Vigorous Hair Growth - for those with 'normal' scalp conditions, blend 2 ounces Jojoba and 2 ounces Coconut oils. To this add 64 drops Lavender, 64 drops Rosemary (Cineol or Verbenone), and 16 drops Sage. If pregnant, use Rosemary Cineol and skip the Sage.
    For Healthy Growth for the Mature Feminine Beauty - To 2 ounces Jojoba, 1 ounce Evening Primrose and 1 ounce Rosehip Seed, add 48 drops Lavender, 48 drops Rosemary Verbenone, 48 drops Carrot or Sea Buckthorn and 24 drops Clary Sage.
    Treating Hair Loss For Men - Blend 1oz each Evening Primrose, Coconut, Rosehip Seed and Sesame. To this add 64 drops Carrot oil (HelioCarrot CO2 extract in Jojoba), 32 drops Rosemary Verbenone, 27 drops Helichrysum, 12 drops Clove, 32 drops German Chamomile, 48 drops Lavender, 20 drops Cypress.
    Treating Alopecia Areata - In 4oz of a 50/50 base of Jojoba and Grapeseed oils, add 32 drops each of Lavender, Thyme, Cedarwood and Rosemary c.t. Verbenone.
    For Dark & Thick Hair - In 4 ounces equal parts Jojoba, Coconut and Sesame, add 48 drops Lavender, 48 drops Rosemary Verbenone, and 48 drops Ylang Ylang.
    Last edited by Mrstran; October 26th, 2016 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Length
    APL/MBL72/85cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Rosehip oil vs rosemary oil

Very different oils! Rosemary essential oil comes from the rosemary herb (lol), and is a very concentrated, powerful oil that must be diluted when used. It has a eugenol-ish scent. rosehip oil isn't an essential oil, but rather the oil extracted from rosehips, it's excellent for skin care and has a ton of antioxidants and goodies like vitamin c and beta-carotene.

I wouldn't use rosehip oil on my scalp as it doesn't have the beneficial antifungal and antibacterial properties rosemary essential oil is great for. Rosemary is really good at controlling my dandruff and itchy scalp when I use it with a carrier like coconut or jojoba. I believe it can stimulate the scalp as well, but I don't pay attention to that.

This isn't to say you can't use rosehip oil on your scalp, I just don't have experience with that! I do like it on my face, though!

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Ok I found info. Even though I found a bunch I still would have thought they were alike because there wasn't enough detail. However, you filled in those details so it's good to now to know those big differences. I'll edit my post. Thank you so much for your help! :

Oh. I tried Rosehip on my face today and absolute love how it feels!
    Last edited by Mrstran; October 26th, 2016 at 09:21 AM.

Length
    APL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I use rosehip on my face. I like how it feels and it is said to lighten brown spots.

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've been using that now on my face and The glow is amazing. My husband has been complementing me on how great my skin looks. I can see why you love it too!