Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Default Re: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    The recipe is the one used in the study done at the university of aberdeen. Joboba and grapeseed are the ones used there.
    Dear ChloeDharma, do you think that I can use this mix additional to vatika oil as a scalp treatment? Or do you think they might inhibit each other? I was thinking to use vatika as a carrier oil substitute and maybe add a bit only of jojoba oil.
    What is your opinion ?
    Last edited by jaquelines; January 9th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

I had a massive amount of shedding that left me with less than half my original thickness. Luckily my hair was extremely thick before so it could be worse, but still is tough to deal with. Mine came from hyperactive thyroid, but a side effect of my medication is hair loss so I'm still struggling with this. I am going to gather these oils and try this. Which recipe do you you recommend? I haven't have time to read all the posts and am anxious to order the oil ASAP! Thanks for your help, I cut 15" off a year ago to try to make it look thicker, instead it looks shorter.

Length
    22"/28.5"/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

OMG I just started using the Chrome Dome EO mixed with some castor oil and EVOO. I have STOPPED SHEDDING! I used to shed at least 100 hairs during the shower, yesterday I lost about 3! It is absolutely amazing and I will not stop this regimen! I rub my mixture on my scalp about 3 or 4 times a week. It works! I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by sjshelt View Post
    OMG I just started using the Chrome Dome EO mixed with some castor oil and EVOO. I have STOPPED SHEDDING! I used to shed at least 100 hairs during the shower, yesterday I lost about 3! It is absolutely amazing and I will not stop this regimen! I rub my mixture on my scalp about 3 or 4 times a week. It works! I'm amazed.

thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to try that one. want to also try the lip plumping one

Length
    6/16/20
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

The correct link for the Chrome Dome oil is this
    http://www.essentialwholesale.com/pr...tial-oil-blend

Length
    6/16/20
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I became a member of this forum and came to know about the recipe posted in the original post in late 2009. I trimmed 1/2 inch every 3 months. Applied this oil x1-2/week and my hair grew out to my waist within a year. I'm someone who has very slow hair growth. I didn't really have much faith in this recipe when I started out, but now I'm completely sold. Now I'm in a country where I'm not sure I am able to get this stuff. I hope to order Chrome Dome oil and try it.

Length
    6/16/20
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lastnite View Post
    thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to try that one. want to also try the lip plumping one
    They have one? Seriously? I need it then.

Do any of you know if there is a length of time to have this on scalp after which the ingredients are no longer doing anything? To phrase a different way, the maximum amount of time for effectiveness where you're getting anything out of it at all, after which it's pretty much inert and no more additional benefits happen?

Length
    17/30/30
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A team of researchers at the University of Aberdeen discovered that an essential oil blend applied daily to the scalp and massaged for two minutes can help with hair growth. The research paper is available online to read.
    After reading that I think it's better to apply a few drops daily to achieve the benefits. I feel it's like any medication or food we take, skipping a day would lose it's benefits. Everyone's hair is different, as you know. Personally I like the smell and it helps me relax. After application I use a heat therapy cap which helps absorb the oil better.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DarleneH View Post
    Do any of you know if there is a length of time to have this on scalp after which the ingredients are no longer doing anything? To phrase a different way, the maximum amount of time for effectiveness where you're getting anything out of it at all, after which it's pretty much inert and no more additional benefits happen?
    Good question. I have always left mine in overnight and the next day. Sometimes I would do a water rinse the next day, on occasion I would CO or shampoo. I had wonderful results. I have always wondered if there were any additional benefits to me leaving it in, unwashed over the others who would shampoo it out the same day. I don't remember anything in the Aberdeen study saying ow long the oils were left in.