Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Not sure if I responded to this thread before or not, but I wanted to mention I've had great results with rosemary eo. I did try the recipe mentioned above that had good clinical results, but that increased shedding one me. Not sure if it was the carrier oil, or if one of the oils in the recipe made things worse. But a couple of drops of rosemary eo in about a tablespoon of pure aloe, dabbed gently on the scalp in the evening, and washed out the next morning, decreased my shedding dramatically, and didn't trigger any kind of additional shedding.

I have also tried clary sage in aloe, that doesn't seem to bother me either. Rosemary is my favorite, though. I use Mountain Rose Herbs brand pure aloe (refrigerated after opening) and rosemary essential oil. I mix a fresh batch every time. I used it nightly for over a year, and now I'm down to a couple of nights a week.

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I am trying my oil mix on my scalp for the first time today. I found it a bit difficult to get the oil on my actual scalp and I had to use a lot of oil. I did a scalp massage at the same time but I feel like most of the oil ended up on my roots and not on my actual scalp. I did shed a bit while massaging but I guess that's normal when putting something slippery in your hair and I reckon I will lose less hair in the shower than usual. I was wondering if someone has any advice how to get the oil on your scalp. How to apply it?
    Growing my natural hair color since 1st of July 2016.

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lize View Post
    I was wondering if someone has any advice how to get the oil on your scalp. How to apply it?
    Applicator bottles and pipettes can be pretty helpful. Some transfer to roots/length is normal and practically impossible to avoid though.

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Applicator bottles and pipettes can be pretty helpful. Some transfer to roots/length is normal and practically impossible to avoid though.
    Thank you. Either of those should probably work better that just the fingers. I don't mind oil getting in my hair, I just want to get enough on the scalp for it to do it's job there.

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Today I am trying my oil mix for the second time. I plan to do this before every wash if I have time to let it sit for a few hours. This time I parted my hair and put oil in the middle of the part using my fingertips. I kept parting it in different places until my scalp was covered. This was a better way of applying it than the random massaging it in that I did last time. When the scalp was covered I did a scalp massage. I didn't lose anywhere near as many hairs as last time. I guess that the hairs that were meant to fall soon fell last time because of the slip.

Last time I CO washed as usual and I think the conditioner got the oil out decently. Felt a bit waxy when it was still wet, but when it dried it was just wonderfully soft and felt hydrated and like it wasn't stripped. As I understand it conditioner is the best way to get oil out of your hair anyway.

I like doing this. I like the smell of the EOs and I like the idea that I am doing something extra for my hair besides my ordinary routine. I guess it will take some time to see if it helps my growth in any way, but it feels nice to do it regardless. My hair likes oil in general.

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I went a week without applying any oil to my scalp since it's a bit hard for me to get it out. I doubt I will be able to do this before every wash, but I might do it in the weekends if I have nothing planned and feel like pampering my hair. Now I am at home with a cold and decided that I can use this time when I am inside anyway to have the oil mix on my scalp. This time I found an even better way to apply it. I parted my hair like last time but instead of my finger I used a cotton swab to apply the oil on my part. This way i used much less of the oil and got much less on the hair. I am gonna let this sit on my scalp for a day or two before I wash it out.

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lize View Post
    I went a week without applying any oil to my scalp since it's a bit hard for me to get it out. I doubt I will be able to do this before every wash, but I might do it in the weekends if I have nothing planned and feel like pampering my hair. Now I am at home with a cold and decided that I can use this time when I am inside anyway to have the oil mix on my scalp. This time I found an even better way to apply it. I parted my hair like last time but instead of my finger I used a cotton swab to apply the oil on my part. This way i used much less of the oil and got much less on the hair. I am gonna let this sit on my scalp for a day or two before I wash it out.
    Hi Lize if it makes it easier; you can try a medication syringe. That is what I use when I apply oil onto my scalp

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat-Rinnč Naido View Post
    Hi Lize if it makes it easier; you can try a medication syringe. That is what I use when I apply oil onto my scalp
    That's also a good idea. I am not sure where to get those, but maybe they have in the pharmacy. I'll check.