Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Melisande, I am so happy that you posted this. Thank you for your kind words. I love to hear how people do with their recipes. To see if there are any improvements or not. It sounds like you really had great success with this. I'm so happy for you.

I am still having great luck myself. I started shedding for a few months and I was losing hair fast and lots of it. My health was the culprit, but I started using the oil when I could remember and as soon as the illness started getting better I had tons of new hair and quick growth. I know it was the oiling. If I had not started again, I would still have the thinness caused by this great, massive shed.

I cut bangs into my hair a few weeks ago, I only wish it would make them grow at the speed of light. I might start oiling them madly in hopes they will grow in faster,lol.

Just wondering can we apply this EO oil to eye lashes !!!

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Just wondering can we apply this EO oil to eye lashes !!!
    I would not put any essential oils near my eyes. They can be very dangerous in the eyes.

However castor oil is used by many to grow in or thicken their eyelashes. Just put a drop on the end of a Q-tip and run it along the top of the top lashes and under the line of the bottom lashes before you go to bed.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    I would not put any essential oils near my eyes. They can be very dangerous in the eyes.

However castor oil is used by many to grow in or thicken their eyelashes. Just put a drop on the end of a Q-tip and run it along the top of the top lashes and under the line of the bottom lashes before you go to bed.
    Hmmmm. Thanks for that, I have a friend who is complaining about her eyelashes falling out and growing back in really thin.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

I would like to try Meg's method of Chrome Dome, carrier oil and thyme and sage. I know where to get the chrome dome and carrier oil, but where do you get the thyme and sage? What is it called? Essential thyme and sage oil? I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

You can buy essential oils at most health food stores or natural supplement stores.

You can buy sage or clary sage essential oil.
    Thyme essential oil is the other one.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

thank you so much for this info.I've been pulling out handfuls of hair everytime I wash and some more strands when I finger comb between washes.Its beyond the normal shed rate for me and I was beginning to get really worried about it.Now I know what might be the causes and oil recipes for helping;

Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Patrycja View Post
    thank you so much for this info.I've been pulling out handfuls of hair everytime I wash and some more strands when I finger comb between washes.Its beyond the normal shed rate for me and I was beginning to get really worried about it.Now I know what might be the causes and oil recipes for helping;

I'm so glad this info could help you. I hope your shed comes to an end soon. I just had the worst shed ever for about 5 or 6 months and it was alarming. It suddenly stopped and my hair is growing thick and fast. I hope the same for you.

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

I can attest to castor oil on eyebrows and eyelashes, I have been using it every night before bed for about 8 months now and have noticed a change. What it will do is make your hairs stronger, a little darker and they will feel thicker in comparison because the hair there is much healthier and doesn't fall out as easily. And the hair will feel softer because the ends of each hair will be tapered like healthy hair on your head is... instead of being blunt and broken off. The reason for this is because we're actually pretty rough on our eyebrows and eyelashes so little bits on the tips break off regularly. But the castor oil makes them stronger and moisturized at the ends. So it's not so much that they GROW longer than they were before... it's more that they don't break off little bits at a time anymore, so they're softer and longer as a result. I hope this makes sense. It actually has made my eyelashes and eyebrow hairs longer... I now have to trim some of my eyebrow hairs and my eyelashes are now so long that I can't wear sunglasses without them hitting the lens every time I blink.

Here are two newer pictures I have. Both photos have one very light coat of clear mascara on them, black makes me look like a little spider and more than one coat is really... not a good look for me, haha.

And my eyebrows did get a couple shades darker but it was perfect for me because the hair on my head darkened about 2-3 years ago and my body hair never caught up... so now I don't need eyebrow pencil! It rules. But just so you know, they probably will get darker.

Will this work if your eyebrows are greying I wonder?