Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Oh also i wanted to add this sepparetly. Has anyoen ordered their EO's from http://aspenearthoils.com/onlinestor...in.asp?c=5&g=1 ? I found the link on the old LCH and thought if anyone still used them they could give a review of their service . Also do they really have free shipping? I wasnt sure if that was if you total order was under that weight or if you individual bottles in the order were all under that weight. Becasue free shipping would be a HUGE plus and inscentive to order from them.

TIA,
    Natalia

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

If your hair mixture is in a light bottle and you use it quickly, it should be fine. I always put my essential oil drops into the bottle of carrier oil, which is clear but I use it up quickly so it doesn't affect the mixture. It's because the essential oils take so long to use and they may be in those bottles for years, that they say to store then in a dark bottle and dark place.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

s tresses, if you are using the mixture for hair growth, then I would also add some sage to the mixture.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think this has been implicitly answered, but I wanted to check anyway - is grapeseed oil okay as a carrier oil? I have had poor luck with jojoba oil in the past, it just made my hair look greasy and didn't make it softer. I have tried coconut oil recently to replace the jojoba and love it.

But I also used to use a grapeseed finishing serum from The Body Shop (before they got bought out by L'Oreal). I loved the stuff! So I'm hoping to try Jessie's mixture with a bit of Nightshade's sea buckthorn oil, all in grapeseed oil as a carrier. Do you think that's safe?
    Last edited by simone_rodrigue; June 30th, 2009 at 12:11 PM.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

ps. I'm in Toronto, Canada. Does anyone know of a good place to buy essential oils around here?

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I would like to create a hair-growth mixture using emu oil as the carrier oil. (There is an emu oil available from Skinbiology.com that is specifically for hair; I think it has some kind of DHT-blocker in it.)

Question: If I want to add bhringhraji (thyme) to this mixture, would I just look for regular thyme--Thymus vulgaris? Does anyone know if that's the same herb known as bhringhraji?

Also, I've read that spearmint is a DHT blocker too. So would it be good to add spearmint oil to my mixture?

Thanks for your help...

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Canarygirl View Post
    I would like to create a hair-growth mixture using emu oil as the carrier oil. (There is an emu oil available from Skinbiology.com that is specifically for hair; I think it has some kind of DHT-blocker in it.)

Question: If I want to add bhringhraji (thyme) to this mixture, would I just look for regular thyme--Thymus vulgaris? Does anyone know if that's the same herb known as bhringhraji?

Also, I've read that spearmint is a DHT blocker too. So would it be good to add spearmint oil to my mixture?

Thanks for your help...
    Unless you have some weird uncommon hormonal issue or you do to use this mix for you husband/son/any other male, DHT blocker have very little relevance for you. They are connected to male baldness issues specificly, and won't be too useful for you.
    Also, bhringaraj is not thyme. Despite the fact that thyme EO is used to incorage hair growth, both are very different plant. Bhringaraj is called also Eclipta Alba (or Flase Daisy in English), is not thyme. It got strong properties in regarding to hair growth/hair loss, that's true. Check out this this:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=8939
    I personally use this bhringaraj oil btw, if that helps. You can order it over amazon too.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Wonder why they call it Bhringaraj with an extra a. I never saw it spelled like that. I also used bhringraj. I have down it also as eclipta alba hassik.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Okay. Here's my very expensive plan:

Use Borage Seed oil as the carrier oil - http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/lea...ile/borage.php

Then add these essential oils:

Sea Buckthorn oil
    Clary Sage
    Bay, West Indies
    Cedarwood (Atlas)
    Lavender
    Rosemary
    Thyme (Red)
    Grapefruit
    Cypress
    Ylang Ylang

BUT ... having never made anything like this before and I don't even know what half of these smell like(), I need some advice.

Will this concoction smell terrible? Should I add something in to ensure a yummy smell?

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

I know a website where it recommends blends. I am waiting on the link to the site from a friend, who makes soaps. It's really nice. I'll post the website up once I get it sent to me via email.

Basically you type in the oil and then it tells you what it is compatible with. Oils can be overpowering due to the different smells. I just wonder how many, is too many?