Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long before hair stays behind shoulders?

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default How long before hair stays behind shoulders?

For those of you with hair long enough - but how long? - that is the question! What length was your hair (when you wore it down), that it would stay behind your shoulders when you put it there, as opposed to defaulting back to hanging forwards over your boobs?

Mine still hangs forwards and I keep flipping it back behind my head/back but it slides right back over the front again.

Why do I think other people's hair actually stays back (and I'm not talking half-ups or clipped back here)? I've seen it. Also I've heard other TB & longer haired people say they hardly ever wear their hair forwards. Obviously all of this is considering moving gingerly/gracefully, and not including vigorous movement.

I'm at BSL and it ain't happening for me yet. Just wondering if it ever will (flyaway hair), and if so, at what length?

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How long before hair stays behind shoulders?

My hair still sometimes falls forwards... it is hip length. But I don't move slowly or carefully, ever.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

My hair is the longest it's ever been and it still falls forward even when I'm sitting ramrod straight and completely still

I'm wondering if it has to do with the weight of the individual hair? like if people with very heavy thick hair are able to keep theirs back easier?
    Back after a loooonnngg hiatus. 🌷Going Gray

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Mine is mid thigh and they still fall over my shoulders whether I move or not

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Oh! So it must be one of those illusions, such as, if I lose 20 lbs my life will be perfect.

If it does depend on the weight of the hair then I guess I'll never be able to do it.

I remember someone posting a few months ago, saying she had this misperception that her butt-length hair was actually shorter than say Jessica Simpson's or Jennifer Aniston's. She said she thought perhaps this was so because she always wears her hair back (even when down), and never forwards like JS and JA.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Once you sit on it, they stop falling forward.

Mine still falls forward, however, I have bangs that I've been growing out a while that are at about BSL...ish.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    Oh! So it must be one of those illusions, such as, if I lose 20 lbs my life will be perfect.

If it does depend on the weight of the hair then I guess I'll never be able to do it.

I remember someone posting a few months ago, saying she had this misperception that her butt-length hair was actually shorter than say Jessica Simpson's or Jennifer Aniston's. She said she thought perhaps this was so because she always wears her hair back (even when down), and never forwards like JS and JA.

Thanks for the quick replies!
    Yeah I think a big illusion my cousins have calf length hair and theres still fall over her shoulders

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My hair still falls over my shoulders, and gets itself into everything.

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wink Re: How long before hair stays behind shoulders?

When my hair was your length it stayed behind my shoulders easily, but my hair is thicker than yours seems to be and has less slip. Maybe my shoulders are broader too.

Length
    BSL/midb/hip
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm at BSL now too and my hair still falls forward on my shoulders even when I sit on my desk and just start to write. It's quite thin and not that heavy because of this, so I reckon that it has to do with this...
    And it always gets under the belts of my backback when I left it free.