Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rice Bran Oil VS Camellia Oil?

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Rice Bran Oil VS Camellia Oil?

Hi Girlcat36 your right it is a lot cheaper. I just went to my local Asian store and picked up Rice Bran Oil 33.oz for $7. I wish they had Camellia oil I would have also picked that up.

Length
    bald!/33.5/waist
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I'm dying to try rice bran in my hair. I used to use it in my skin to prevent eczema, and it was amazing. I had heard really good reviews for the Komenuka Bijin haircare line, which is based primarily on rice bran and rice bran oil, so it seems like the straight oil would be great for hair.
    According to Wikipedia:
    "Rice bran oil contains a range of fats, with 47% of its fats monounsaturated, 33% polyunsaturated, and 20% saturated." I also personally know that it contains gamma-oryzanol, an antioxidant that has sun protection factors.

I tried Camellia, and loved it- Oshima Tsubaki (sp?) was my favorite, made my hair really glossy and soft. In fact, I think I'm going to have to repurchase, now that I think about how great it was.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've tried both. They both work well and feel pretty light. I like camellia oil better though. I can't really explain the small difference. To me rice bran oil is like coconut oil, they're fine but don't feel as nice. I used my bottle of rice bran oil for frying eggs and pancakes.

The middle of My Forest, where fairies dwell.
    Length
    17in/tb/50in
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have try Rice Bran oil and I like it
    I've not tried camellia oil yet but I want to
    ............ ....... ....................

Length
    26/30/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Hehe, I'm sitting here with my hair up in a bun, sopping with Rice Bran oil... I tried it totally on a whim, hadn't read this thread when I put it in! I tried olive oil for a while, and whilst my hair didn't dislike it, it didn't make a noticeable amount of difference either.

If this doesn't work, I think I'll try sesame oil, 'cause it smells sooo yummy

I'll post again with results in