Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO?

Length
    APL/BCL/long
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

If you haven't already found it, there is a great website for CO in Swedish. Lockig.se At least the list in the forum with 'cone free conditioners and another list where the conditioners have been graded being light or heavy, are both worth to visit. If you don't like to check every conditioner by yourself though, it's kind of fun.

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've been CO since December of last year and it's gone pretty good so far. With shampoo and conditioner before, I would have to wash my hair almost every day because within the second day my scalp started to get greasy and now I'm washing my hair every second day with CO and trying to stretch it out longer.

I agree, don't be afraid to goop it on. You are supposed to use more when CO.

At the moment I used White Rain to CO. I get in the shower, wet hair with fairly warm water, saturate well with conditioner. I usually put a bit on and start to massage in then add some more so my whole scalp is slimy with conditioner and I massage the conditioner really well, then apply my regular conditioner ears down and put in a shower cap until I'm done everything else. I usually take about 5 minutes then wait a bit longer so it usually stays in about 5-10 minutes each time. Then I rinse with cold water. You don't have to do that, it's worked well with warm, but slightly cool water for me. I find the cold water just makes my hair shine a lot and I find it's better for my hair in general.

I think most of it is about finding what works for your scalp.

The basics I started with was:
    Enough conditioner to make hair slimy,
    Massage really well,
    Rinse really good.

Then I started adjusting amount of conditioner, how much massaging and temp of water and how long to rinse.