Thread: Combining 2 different types of Henna?

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Combining 2 different types of Henna?

I'm thinking about combining a bag of Mumtaz Henna, and a bag of Hesh Heenera (Herbal) Henna, and maybe mixed with some amla ( or possibly mixing it in with the indigo as as second step later). I don't want a fiery red, but a more brown-ish colour.
    Has anyone ever tried mixing herbal henna with BAQ henna?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Combining 2 different types of Henna?

If at least one henna is BAQ, it won't react to the other henna and will mix fine.

Length
    0.5/APL/term.
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

'herbal' henna being the kind you can get in multiple colors? I only use BAQ henna because I LOVE the intense red, but I still might be wary of combining a 'henna' that wasn't pure henna with anything, just because you can't always be sure what's in it - back in the day when people thought henna was 'bad' it was really the chemical salts that made up most of the substance that was misleadingly labeled henna and not true henna. I know today you can get more reliable henna 'colors', but still, when you consider that both cassia and indigo are sold as 'henna' ('neutral' and 'black', respectively) though neither is in any way conected to the henna plant but are actually their own separate plant species, well... I'd be careful is all. I would definitely go with the addition of amla and indigo, even amla alone with the henna might tone the red down enough to the brown you want. otherwise I'd use a BAQ henna with a low-dye content if your hair is already brown and don't leave it on for more than an hour or so, or do a henna gloss instead.

~A'eorryn
    Happy and Free is All we Need to Be!
    Last edited by Flaxen; January 29th, 2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: increase font size

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I dont know if you want to add more amla doesnt the herbal henna have amla in the mix? Its ok to add them both together. Ive done it before when I didnt have enough. But I used the rajasthani herbal henna and nothing happened. Its all henna
    Last edited by Aisha25; January 29th, 2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: misspelling

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Thank you so much, ladies!!

I was thinking since I want more of a cool tone, adding a little more amla would help...?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

It wont hurt to add more try some on some shed hairs you will see if it does or not.