Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get the scalp clean with CO?

Length
    <2"/SL/more!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

This technique helped me, when I was CO'ing:

When you are ready to begin rinsing the conditioner out, add a little water (duck your head under the shower head for 2-3 seconds). Then gently "lather" for 5-10 seconds. Repeat these two steps until almost all of the conditioner has been rinsed out. Then do a final, very thorough rinse to remove any remaining residue.

I hope this helps.

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I wet my hair in the shower, get my hair thoroughly coated, massage, leave for 5 mins while I shower, massage again, rinse with water, then rinse with white vinegar.

There definitely seem to be two camps of COers, the 5 min COers and the 30 min COers. I actually did some experiments last year, and found that for me it depends on what conditioner I use. VO5 worked better when I did the 30 min, but Suave worked better when I did 5 min. (Suave smells better too, and 5 mins is way more convenient, so thats what I use)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've tried CO many times with different conditioners and different methods, and my hair will look good the first time, but if I do it two or three times in a row my hair looks limp and coated. Conditioners do coat your hair; that's their job. I don't think it's possible to rinse all residue away. It shows up in some hair more than others.

CWC with diluted shampoo gives me reliable good results, and I throw in a CO every once in awhile, especially if my hair needs to be cleaned sooner than my usual 3-4 day wash cycle.

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Thank you for your help! I did the "second wash with CO that usually goes greasy" yesterday but this time following your advice, and it worked like a charm
    I put the conditioner in dry hair (in the same manner that haircolor is applied, one parting at a time) and let it sit for half an hour, then I got into the shower and added water small amounts at a time and massaged. Continued this 'till there was not much conditioner left and rinsed. The hair is clean and airy today! I even got out most of a EVOO+coconut heavy oiling that I had in for about 6 hours before the wash. (I don't mind some being left, I just skipped adding oil after the wash)

I utterly and compleatly love LHC!