Thread: manic panic or sfx permanent with henna? reallllllly?

Length
    15"/18"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default manic panic or sfx permanent with henna? reallllllly?

Cause that's what this thread seems to say, no?

It would be a dream come true for me. I love using Special Effects (on my unbleached hair over my natural shades), I'm looking into henna, and being able to combine the two for a shade that would be PERMANENT and improve the condition of my hair would be wonderful.

Please, I really hope someone who uses it will weigh in on this.

You add the MP or SFX *into* your henna paste?

You apply the mixture just as one would use plain henna?

And the tones imparted by the MP/SFX are truly permanent?

What ratio of dye to henna paste do you use?

Do you freeze readymade paste with the dye added, or do you add the dye after thawing?

This is a tremendously exciting idea.
    The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: manic panic or sfx permanent with henna? reallllllly?

I`m planning to do this and will be watching this thread carefully...

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

No, henna didn't make it permanent....... although it made it last a very long time. I have used Henna with the midnight blue to get a really dark brown, and it did work, before fading to green, and then gone with next henna application. I did this a few times, but it never made it permanent.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Your best bets for this are Hypnotica, Isilme or Jel (apart from Kirin). They have had great results and I am also following their progress. It's something I've wondered about but never taken the plunge...
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I used SPFX with henna, not in. I hennaed, then used the blood red shade of theirs after and left that on an hour or so on its own. My hair turned a lovely bloody, burgundy red that still has not faded out, this was over 2 months ago. It's much lighter and less intense, but my hair did NOT fade back in to the more auburny orange color it was before. I'm okay with it, though I may try and lighten it a bit this summer to return to a more coppery ginger color which I also loved. Henna can be tricky, as can this so please make sure you are absolutely devoted to the color.

I had done something similar using manic panic vampire red mixed in to the henna itself, that was horrible. It didn't work well and my hair felt like straw for a few days from both the henna stripping off the oils and the other dye. It normalized after oxidation but was still really scary, and the manic panic didn't take at all. I was left with bright hennaed orange roots and darker muddy looking red length. I ended up using the rest of the jar to even it out, which worked, but still...not pretty. Thankfully none of the components were damaging in the long run.

I've been a hennahead for over 2 years now thanks to lhc and see no signs of stopping, just a warning though. It's a b*tch to get out if you even can at all
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    15"/18"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I still have half a bottle of my beloved SFX Virgin Rose ... I think when my henna arrives I'm going to have to play around with it on a strand test and see what it gives me.
    The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Okay. I sometimes use the blood red shade from special eccects with my henna. Sometimes straight into the henna mix and sometimes as a whole other treatment. I mix a splash of the dye in conditioner (saves me colour and spares me red temples and ears!) it isn't permanent, but it lasts quite a while! Especially on the parts of my hair that has been dyed before so, bsl and down sticks around a lot longet than the virgin+henna part. But it's still there for at least a month. I have never tried to freeze a mix of special effects with henna or anything else.
    Keep in mind that I have only used that shade. I can tell you that the brand Stargazer in black when I tried to do a black strand just faded and left me with a dark reddish brown. Only indigo was able to give me a permanent black streak.
    ETA. the special effects have faded on my hair now since I haven't used it for...I think two months or more. I don't remember You have tempted me to use it again.