Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to lighten too dark dyed hair?

Length
    15.5/19.7/29.5
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: how to lighten too dark dyed hair?

omg guys, i couldnt believe that honey would make it...then i saw the pics u have postet from this lady with golden blonde hair. it really worked. i will try it tomorrow when i have time, cause i have a little baby... :-)
    can i use any honey or a special honey`?

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

You can use any honey. I did two honey lightening treatments with noticeable results on my chemically dyed hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyTheStrange View Post
    omg guys, i couldnt believe that honey would make it...then i saw the pics u have postet from this lady with golden blonde hair. it really worked. i will try it tomorrow when i have time, cause i have a little baby... :-)
    can i use any honey or a special honey`?
    Not all honeys are equal.

This should help explain why. If you have any other questions, just post in the Honey thread and I will reply.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2370

I set up the first post of the Honey thread to deal with the most asked questions, by topic. You can also read my signature post.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148
    Last edited by ktani; January 28th, 2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added link and text

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Not all honeys are equal.

This should help explain why. If you have any other questions, just post in the Honey thread and I will reply.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2370
    Ooh, how interesting. Good to know. I guess I just got lucky using the cheap honey bear I bought.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy-b View Post
    Ooh, how interesting. Good to know. I guess I just got lucky using the cheap honey bear I bought.
    The cheap honey bear honey was the one that broke the myth wide open in the original Honey thread, that raw honey was the only way to go with honey lightning, lol. Trader Joes's to be exact, although other squeeze bear honeys are reported to work well too.

They are clover honeys, as a rule. There are several kinds of clover honeys and different blends used by different brands for a clover honey. That is partly why I created the Successful Honeys List, to identify brands that were reported to be successful, in spite of the fact that certain clover honeys or other types were reported not to work well.