Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meh!!

Length
    12/???/45
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Sheeesh. Brat is right. I probably would have shot back a "and what happened to your manners, did they get lost on the way to school today?" or just given him the look and said "Excuse me?" in that tone of voice. I do the "excuse me" bit with my own kid when she says something rude or otherwise uses bad manners with me.

Kids nowadays don't have a clue as to proper behavior, as it's not being modeled at home for them. That's one of my personal pet peeves.

I'm sure your hair looked fine. Kids are just so.....you know what I mean.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Space empty until further notice

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rubyann View Post
    Sheeesh. Brat is right. I probably would have shot back a "and what happened to your manners, did they get lost on the way to school today?" or just given him the look and said "Excuse me?" in that tone of voice. I do the "excuse me" bit with my own kid when she says something rude or otherwise uses bad manners with me.

Kids nowadays don't have a clue as to proper behavior, as it's not being modeled at home for them. That's one of my personal pet peeves.

I'm sure your hair looked fine. Kids are just so.....you know what I mean.
    I have to do the excuse me bit with my niece, it is CRAZY what she picks up at her daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDreamer View Post
    I had a hair comment this morning from a student in my first period class:

"Miss! [they never seem to remember our names; we are all "Miss"; wonder what they call the men teachers?) Did you have a fight with the hair dryer this morning?!"

Meh!
    Meh is right.
    I think I would have said something back, but in a very polite manner, I think it would have shot him down two ways:
    A) he wouldn't get the type of attention he obviously wants
    and
    B) it would show how immature he is, comparatively.

And I bet your hair looked great and he was just being a little... unpleasant person.

It is still surprising to me, after 2 and a half years of college, to see the way some college students behave.
    I went to a public high school, and wow, the kids there were bloody ridiculous.
    I took a lot of honors and AP classes, so I bet I didn't get the half of it.
    Then, when I came to college, I started off in the honors classes, and then, when there weren't really any more for me to take, I had to start taking regular classes.
    I am starting to see why they called my old high school the "east" campus for the college, and why they call the college the "west ___ high school."

Sorry for thread derailment!

And sorry for the comment you got.

<3
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

This is just NOT acceptable. My reply to a comment like that would have been, raised eyebrow followed by "excuse me, do I comment on your personal appearance?" then back to the lesson. Fast.
    Last year I did have a hair dryer acident. My alarm didn't go off and I dried my hair by turning it upside down and using a hair dryer on it (it wasn't quite at shoulder length at the time) The result would have taxed even the politest pupil, so I had to put it up. It was the first time I had worn my hair up in class. They all started, they all pointed (from the corridor) Only one class dared actually say anything.

Here in France all the teachers are "madame" male teachers are "monsieur". I have to remind them that in English class they can't call me "mrs" (and live) On the other hand I'm pretty used to being called "monsieur" "maman" (mum) and even once "mamie" (grandma)

Length
    ??/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

(total hijack! - In my experience in England - after primary school where it's usually Mr so and so or Mrs/Miss so and so - all teachers are referred to as 'Miss' or 'Sir' as a sign of respect, unless a specific school or teacher states that that isn't to be the case. So for example, when I was 18 and helping out on a school trip for my dad I was called Miss by the kids, and they really struggled with remembering to call me by my first name when I asked them too - end total hijack!)
    Last edited by shrimp; March 29th, 2008 at 04:21 AM.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

What cheek! I don't want to sound too much like the old spinster I am, but if I had had the cheek to say something as impertinent as this, I would have been kicked out from the classroom. Pupils have no right to be so familiar in the classroom.

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

There's always one

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    **/**/**
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I think that lots of kids are not taught respect these days. I hear so many stories that, like Lamb said, would have gotten some of us removed from the classroom in our day. It's sad to see the state to which we are headed.