Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Has anyone tried the John Frieda lightener? I know this brand is cruelty free but cant find any info on Sun Ins testing policy

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell View Post
    Has anyone tried the John Frieda lightener? I know this brand is cruelty free but cant find any info on Sun Ins testing policy
    I have not, but if you do any testing we'd love to hear the results

first spray is on.

"The patented peroxide lightening formula has been expertly formulated with a blend of chamomile and citrus, for radiant blonde tones that gradually lighten after 3-5 uses.
    Contains a thermo-protectant.
    Maximum lightening occurs after no more than 10 uses."

SO im testing it, but as it appears to be much weaker than sun-in im not hopeful. It appears to not be so easy to get sun in in the uk now, boots and superdrug are the two main highstreet drugstore type shops and neither of those carry it. It used to be everywhere in like 2000 but i think its just not popular here. I remember bleaching the bejeezus out of my school uniform by accident with it!

I might try a bleach bath once ive got through this bottle. Will strand test first though!

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

DD20 has used it. She uses the shampoo and conditioner in the yellow bottles? It seems to work okay, but the results are a little patchy, probably because she's haphazard about the way she uses it.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

ooh, thanks! this is a spray and smells like a light version of sun in, i will look up the shampoo, maybe i could use them all. Thinking of doing a 20vol bleach bath soon to help it along a little

I use the John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening shampoo (the one that says "Go 2 shades lighter). I've done 2 full head applications of henna & then switched to roots only. My natural color is a light brown mixed with some gray (I think). It's been years since I've actually seen more than 1/4" of my natural hair color. I do get a very subtle lightening with the shampoo. I have the conditioner, but I have only used it once because my hair tends to look greasy if I use products with silicones. I don't use the shampoo every time I wash my hair, but I use it pretty frequently. I like the smell & I think it's a good clarifier. I think it gives me more of a ginger/orange cast that I like. I have noticed that my grays are more white when I use it, so when I henna them, they give more dimension to my hair. I bought the lightening spray, but I've been too scared to use it so far. I'm still trying to grow out damage from years of box dies.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

For the past six months or so, I have been using the L'Oreal Summer Lights gel which I am really happy with so far. I did use Sun In with great results previously (thanks to Nightshade!) but I got lazy. I find this gel really easy to apply just to my roots and its a leave-in product so I just apply some out of the shower, diffuse my roots on warm as usual and away I go. It gives very subtle and natural looking lightening and it works very gradually which I like. My hair feels and looks like it always did (except a color I like better) so the damage doesn't seem to be any more than Sun In.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    For the past six months or so, I have been using the L'Oreal Summer Lights gel which I am really happy with so far. I did use Sun In with great results previously (thanks to Nightshade!) but I got lazy. I find this gel really easy to apply just to my roots and its a leave-in product so I just apply some out of the shower, diffuse my roots on warm as usual and away I go. It gives very subtle and natural looking lightening and it works very gradually which I like. My hair feels and looks like it always did (except a color I like better) so the damage doesn't seem to be any more than Sun In.
    Oh that sounds awesome I might give that a go next time I need to warm things up a bit!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hope it works for you! I find it does a pretty good job blending my roots when I'm overdue for a henna treatment.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I've been hennaing a couple of times per year since 2011 and have recently started getting the feeling that my hair is getting too dark and not as coppery as I would like... bleach scares the hell out of me, and honey lightening seemed like it would take forever, but Sun-In sounded juuuust right.

(well, Sun-In isn't available where I live so I used the Balea More Blond Spray, basically the same thing)

I'm impatient and wanted to get it done before summer holidays, so I did two sessions this week (Monday and Thursday). Used coconut oil before and after, slathered on a bunch of conditioner afterwards, no damage as far as I can tell. I'll do one more session in a couple of days, but I just took a photo for a comparison and I'm so thrilled with the results I wanted to share them right away!

It's a miracle! Thank you, Nightshade.

mermaid in training