View Poll Results: What part of your daily outfit do you decide on first?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hair style

19 6.93%
  • Hairtoy

5 1.82%
  • Clothes

218 79.56%
  • Shoes

6 2.19%
  • Purse/bag

0 0%
  • Make up

2 0.73%
  • Cheese

24 8.76%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What part of your outfit do you decide on first?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    clssc/chin/shldr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: What part of your outfit do you decide on first?

I actually go for shoes most of the time! Then clothes, hair and finally makeup (if I'm wearing any).

Length
    15/45+/knee
    Type
    4a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mica View Post
    I actually go for shoes most of the time! Then clothes, hair and finally makeup (if I'm wearing any).
    Do you own a lot of shoes? How many? What goes through you mind when you choose them? I have very hard to fit feet (super skinny) so I have never had many pairs from which to choose.

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Clothes win, hands down. I wear my hair down and usually create the "no makeup - makeup look" So the only thing that I decide on besides clothes are my purse and shoes.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Clothes come first. I might change if I decide to have my hair up or wear showy jewelry or put on more make up. I don't own any pretty hairtoys

Length
    19/29/42?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Clothes come first because the weather must be taken into account. My priorities go: weather, to-do list (am I volunteering, then I'll need something comfy, am I going out, something smart, working from home, why bother getting dressed?), hairstyle. I have three makeup looks. There's the ever popular 'I woke up like this, yes, I realise I didn't take all my mascara off last night' and the basic smudgy eyeliner look for daytime and there's usually silver glitter somewhere if I'm going out. The shoes are chosen depending on the weather, I have a sliding scale of waterproofness ranging from gladiator sandals to hiking boots and they all get worn a couple of times a month. If I'm going out it depends on the crowd. I've a pair of black heels, a pair of red heels and a pair of knee high heeled boots. I wear the most scandalous pair I can get away with. I don't really have hair toys right now, but I might decide it's a sock bun day and then decide I need some drama and tie a silk scarf around the bun.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    clssc/chin/shldr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro View Post
    Do you own a lot of shoes? How many? What goes through you mind when you choose them? I have very hard to fit feet (super skinny) so I have never had many pairs from which to choose.
    I have around 12 pairs, I don't know if that is considered a lot, I feel like it is but maybe that is because I have never owned that many. Also, my mother and sister have the same shoe size as me, and they will usually let me borrow theirs.
    I like clothes and I'm trying to build a wardrobe (I didn't need a lot when I was a school and wearing an uniform most of the time!) but I find I'm usually too shy to get anything too colorful or interesting, so my outfits can end up rather dull at times. But for some reason I don't feel like that with shoes at all! Maybe I feel nobody will notice them down there platforms, high heels, animal print, you call it, I'm all about flashy shoes (or at least they are flashy compared to the rest of my outfit). I don't know, I feel like you can totally step up a look consisting in, say, a t-shirt and skinny jeans if you are wearing heels instead of sneakers.
    As for sizes, I have the opposite problem! I'm usually the largest or second largest women's shoe size, they are quite wide too (thank goodness I'm tall, or I would look like a clown!), luckily I see a trend towards making bigger sizes in the past years, when I was 13 many stores didn't even have my size, now they all do. Plus, because my size is not that common, I always have plenty of models to choose from during sales

It changes every day. But mostly I go for clothes. Sometimes for hairtoys, shoes and actually nail polish

I generally pick a top and go from there, but occasionally I want a particular pair of pants and have to match to that. Honestly, hairstyle is the very last thing I think about.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Clothes. Everything else gets to match that, should I choose to use it. My bags generally match nothing and I don't really care about that.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I usually decide based on clothing or accessories I want to wear