Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Second star to the right and then straight on till morning
    Length
    17.0/18.0/bsl

Default Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

It's weird one to ask, but my 'wing-nut' ears have been one of the biggests reasons that I've never grown my hair out before, because all the gorgeous up-do's I would want to create would leave my ears prominently on display. They aren't disfiguringly bad, but Im still very self-consious about them. Does any one have any up-do suggestions that will keep my ears covered?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Up-Do's for people with ears that stick out

ya know..i used to have the same problem. I would never wear my hair up because of my ears. but then someone said something about them being just natural. Saying we need them. and i was like..yea.i should appreciate them! So i just started wearing up-dos in my room. Then around the house...then outside. Then to school.Sometimes i look in the mirror but my thoughts about my ears only last a few seconds since i am now used to it. So maybe just starting slowly and working to get comfortable with them?

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Up-Do's for people with ears that stick out

Hey you beat me to it! I was going to post something similar. Today I have a lazy English braid that is sort of lopped over my stickiest-out ear (I have one 'normal' ear and one that sticks out horribly), but I have to keep redoing the braid because it all keeps falling down. I can't pull the braid tighter because I think it tears my hair. The braid is kinda hanging over my right shoulder (i.e. most protruding ear's side).

I think I am over looking ugly though with updos, and have realized that people rarely see me head on, and probably don't notice my ears much in updos.

I have considered looking into surgery to get the one ear under control, or looking on line for stuff that would pin it back.

I too did not grow my hair long mainly because when I wear it down my ear pokes through my thin, straight hair and people have on occasion pulled my hair over it, saying 'ooh I can't stand that! Your ear is poking through your hair'.

Well, take a look at J-Lo and Kate Hudson. Their ears stick out too.
    Last edited by MsBubbles; January 19th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Length
    20/34/37
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Default Re: Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

My ears poke out through my hair, too. My right ear, especially, and you can always see it in any of my length pictures. I got over it by decorating my ears. Sometimes, when I wear my hair down, it looks like my hair is pierced because the earrings poke out of my hair further than my ears do.

Length
    waist/tbl/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I got over it by decorating my ears.
    Me too. I never liked my ears, but then I started to pierce them (I've got about 10 ear piercings atm) and suddenly it was fun to show them off.

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine View Post
    Me too. I never liked my ears, but then I started to pierce them (I've got about 10 ear piercings atm) and suddenly it was fun to show them off.
    You have ten and I can't get a third one ? Life is not fair , I'm going to kill my dh ;and here d is not for dear, guys.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

my ears stick out on purpose

(don't mind the zombieface)

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    You have ten and I can't get a third one ? Life is not fair , I'm going to kill my dh ;and here d is not for dear, guys.
    LMAO!

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    My ears poke out through my hair, too. My right ear, especially, and you can always see it in any of my length pictures. I got over it by decorating my ears. Sometimes, when I wear my hair down, it looks like my hair is pierced because the earrings poke out of my hair further than my ears do.
    Yup. Even normal pretty dangly earrings went some way towards remedying, by making a distraction.

Pulling my hair over my ears never worked, because the shape of them, straining to pop back out, wasn't a better look for me!

It's another reason why I rarely wear my hair down. I think ears poking through my hair looks worse than an up do pulling my hair away from them.

Combs help too, or anthong creating a little puffy bit on the sides.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    BSL/HIP+/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

I also have this problem. Not only do my ears stick out, they're huge and I wear in-the-ear hearing aids! I am very self-conscious of this unfortunately (I wish I wasn't). I find making my hair look thicker by setting it with curlers and using my sugar water hairspray works great. Doing this makes my hair look twice as full and my ears don't stick out nearly as much. I would also be incredibly interested in that glue stuff that someone posted to keep my ears in check. Also, I just ordered that bumpit thing which I believe will help this problem as well.

As far as wearing it up, I tend to cover the top of my ears with the hair as other posters mentioned. It definitely distracts from the size of the ear doing this, but I must admit that I usually wear my hair down to hide my awful ears.

I hope this helps.

Tina