Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

Quote Originally Posted by Renbirde View Post
    The stuff that's used in the theatre to attach prosthetics is called 'spirit gum.' I've never used it myself, so I don't know how strong it is for sure, but I've read things that suggest it should work. (It can hold hobbit feet on all day, for starters ) It's fairly affordable, but don't forget to buy remover as well-- you can really hurt yourself if you just try to pull the gum off!
    OMG I'm gonna try this. Knowing my luck and allergies though I won't get all excited until I know I can use it and it works!!

Thanks for letting me know! If all else fails I can always wear hobbit feet, then people'll either stop telling me my ears are sticking through my hair, or they'll think it's normal.

Length
    14/Fgrtp/Term?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Alas, my hair is too fine for me to ever have figured out how to get any body up at the front, but if people are looking for ear decor that doesn't require piercing, I love ear cuffs. I Etsy-stalk that site, trying to justify buying more by thinking of outfits they'd match...

Length
    ~15"/47"/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    OMG I'm gonna try this. Knowing my luck and allergies though I won't get all excited until I know I can use it and it works!!
    Yep, check for allergies. Reactions to resin are rare, but it happens. Best of luck!
    CLASSIC!

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have a similar problem. My ears don't stick out, but they're gargantuan. (You can see them in my album "My Very First Updo."). You all have such petite and lovely ears, but my ear lobes hang down really long and look huge. I also have a short neck so the ears look way out of proportion. AND I'm allergic to metal, so I can't wear jewelry.

So, in order to start utilizing updos, I will have to learn how to distract attention from them, cover them with hanging-down hair, camouflage them, or embrace them the way they are.

One idea that came to me is to think of my large earlobes as blank canvasses. Does anyone know where I can find some little peel, off-stick on tattos? I don't want anything permanent.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    waist/29/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hey girls.. You are not just an ear ( or ears ). And you are not just noses, or eyes of any other kind of facial feature.
    FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE PERSONS, with their beautiful and not so beautiful features, but still persons who have to be loved for that they are and not for that fashions order.
    ( and if the fashion change and is in fashion the big ears what are you going to do.. some plastic surgery in order to make them bigger?? )
    Love yourself for what it is!

Maybe you could sort of twist the sides (of your hair, not your ears ) and then pull it back into a ponytail. That could make the sides of your hair stick out a little more.
    Last edited by longhairedfairy; April 7th, 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    18"/32/Floor
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I would try loose braids and updo's that come down over the top of my ears and tighten that area just enough to pull the ear in if you can't get comfortable with your ears showing. There are plenty of hairstyles you can do that keep the sides low over the ears but pulled in just that right amount. Hope that helped a little.

Length
    nape/waist/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

My glasses make my ears stick out, and since my hair is very fine and mostly straight, covering my ears is not an option. There just isn't enough hair to do the job. To solve the problem, I make sure that my hair is not pulled back too tightly. Hair combs, as someone else suggested, also help to provide lift to the hair behind you ears. If I put my hair in a ponytail, I use my fingers to push forward on the sides of my head to loosen the hair from the elastic band a little. Also, head bands can be a real help if you like them; the band itself creates some bulk behind your ears and also lets you create the little poof in your hair. I also bought a fabric head band at Claire's Boutique. It has elastic at the bottom of it so that I can wear it over the tips of my ears or just behind--I love it!

Here are some sites with the kind of fabric head band I'm talking about:
    http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladv...pid=751&dfid=1
    http://serenitycrystals.com/Head-Ban...source=froogle

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

You could always do lower, looser stuff with hair covering the ears if you're self-conscious.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    1b/F/ii

you could also sort of... use your hair to tape your ears to your head. as in, take like 2 inch wide strands of hair, pull them over the tops of your ears when you make an updo....

I saw this on a competitive dancer who used to perform on our local version of Dancing With The Stars - she has her ears sticking out, so when she had a tight bunned updo, strands of hair were pulled over her ears. but then again, dancers use hair products by metric ton, so this strategy might not work so well for us common people...

nordic hennahead