Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Hip?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Up-Dos for people with ears that stick out

If I want to hide my ears I wear looser updos, buns, braids etc that slightly cover the top tip or rest on the top tip of my ears. My side fringe helps hide it too, or a thickish fringe that can be tucked behind ears.

Length
    30"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

You could start with a ponytail where your hair covers/holds down the top half of your ear and then twist it up and around your head. You could also loosely tuck it behind your ears before you ponytail and twist up. This would hide the space between your head and back of ears. They also have this tiny ball of gummy/gluey/sticky stuff that you can just stick between your ear and head. One of my friend's kids did this for years and no one ever knew he had VERY protruding ears. I'm sure your ears are just fine and that you are adorable but I understand your concern and the question.
    The first answer to every problem in the world is chocolate.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I have the same problem, and I have straight hair, too. I can't just get used to them, so I hide them.
    First of all, when I wear up-dos, I almost always have a little tail sticking out. I have one ear that is worse than the other, so having a little hair stick out on that side that you can see from the front helps the ear from looking so prominent.

Then, I often wear side combs--this also keeps the hair from being plastered flat against my head so my ears don't look like they are so far out from my head.

I did cut a few whispy bangs into the front and sides of my hair. my hair is always parted on the side OPPOSITE from the most sticking-out ear, so that there is more hair over that ear. and with the whispy side swept bangs, there is a bit of distraction again from that ear.

lastly, I'm learning out how to do all the up-dos in such a way that the hair on the sides is not pulled ultra tight. When I'm doing a cinnabun for example, I do the first twist/loop of the bun, and then I slide a couple of fingers under the hair on the sides and pull it out a little. then I finish the rest of the cinnabun. doing this keeps the hair on the sides from being plastered down flat (without sticking out or being too poofy) and so my ears don't look like they stick out very far. also, sometimes I can get the hair to sweep over one ear before going up in the updo, which helps too.

hope this helps.

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have a similar problem. My ears don't stick out, but they're gargantuan. (You can see them in my album "My Very First Updo."). You all have such petite and lovely ears, but my ear lobes hang down really long and look huge. I also have a short neck so the ears look way out of proportion. AND I'm allergic to metal, so I can't wear jewelry.

So, in order to start utilizing updos, I will have to learn how to distract attention from them, cover them with hanging-down hair, camouflage them, or embrace them the way they are.

One idea that came to me is to think of my large earlobes as blank canvasses. Does anyone know where I can find some little peel, off-stick on tattos? I don't want anything permanent.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    waist/29/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hey girls.. You are not just an ear ( or ears ). And you are not just noses, or eyes of any other kind of facial feature.
    FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE PERSONS, with their beautiful and not so beautiful features, but still persons who have to be loved for that they are and not for that fashions order.
    ( and if the fashion change and is in fashion the big ears what are you going to do.. some plastic surgery in order to make them bigger?? )
    Love yourself for what it is!

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sandigirl View Post
    They also have this tiny ball of gummy/gluey/sticky stuff that you can just stick between your ear and head. One of my friend's kids did this for years and no one ever knew he had VERY protruding ears.
    See now this is what I need!! I tried looking for something like this online - does anybody know the name of this stuff? I am otherwise seriously considering surgery. I know it's just a body part but my ears stick out through my hair when it's down too, ALL the time and it gets really old.

A lot of these ideas posted here are great if you have thick and/or wavy hair. But if you've got sticky out ears and flat, thin straight hair, nothing short of back combing and hairspraying will stop them from poking through! (No, I don't do that any more).

Type
    1b/F/ii

I've just got used to my ears sticking through my hair. Someone asked me whether I'd had surgery to get Lord of the Rings 'elf ears' once.

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    You have ten and I can't get a third one ? Life is not fair , I'm going to kill my dh ;and here d is not for dear, guys.
    LMAO!

Maybe you could sort of twist the sides (of your hair, not your ears ) and then pull it back into a ponytail. That could make the sides of your hair stick out a little more.
    Last edited by longhairedfairy; April 7th, 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    18"/32/Floor
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I would try loose braids and updo's that come down over the top of my ears and tighten that area just enough to pull the ear in if you can't get comfortable with your ears showing. There are plenty of hairstyles you can do that keep the sides low over the ears but pulled in just that right amount. Hope that helped a little.