Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it true that hair grows faster during certain seasons of the year?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    13in./18in./BSL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Question Is it true that hair grows faster during certain seasons of the year?

I have been hearing this alot on this board, about how some people's hair grows faster in the summer than in the winter or vica versa... I"m curious.. My hair, for me seems to grow faster when there is more sunlight..(ie spring, summer) but maybe that's just my imagnation. Is it true? Do the seasons and sunlight affect hair growth?

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Is it true that hair grows faster during certain seasons of the year?

Mine doesn't. ^^

Some studies suggest it grows faster in Winter, but people tend to say it is summer.

I assume it could just be a lower stress level and better sleep in the prefered season

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Is it true that hair grows faster during certain seasons of the year?

I started paying attention to such things only since I joined LHC. I have noticed for the past few years that for me, my hair grows fastest between January to about May. Strange... and I have no idea why!
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Length
    shldr/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Mine grows a little faster and is quite a bit oilier in the winter. Don't know if there is a correlation between the two or not but thats what i have noticed.

Length
    neck/waist/term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have never paid enough attention to my own hair, I will now that I am a member here...but my farm animals put on heavier coats in the winter, then shed out a bit in the summer....perhaps humans follow a similar pattern?

a new journey begins

Type
    2a/F/i

I too have heard such things but feel no difference with them.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Emichiee View Post
    Mine doesn't. ^^

Some studies suggest it grows faster in Winter, but people tend to say it is summer.

I assume it could just be a lower stress level and better sleep in the prefered season
    What an interesting idea. It certainly makes sense!

Length
    ??/??/??

I have never noticed which season the hair on my hear grows faster.. But I know after I shave if I get cold my leg hairs grow.. i get little what do you call it..... you know what I mean!

Type
    3a/M/ii

There is someone here who did a study on this. The result was that hair growth is correlated with seasons, but I don't remember whether it is with day length or with temperature, which lags day length by six weeks, IIRR.
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    shldr/22/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii

My hair definitly grows faster in spring and summer, but I also shed more hair from April to October. During winter it grows very slow, but the shedding almost stops. No matter what I do, it has always been like this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    There is someone here who did a study on this. The result was that hair growth is correlated with seasons, but I don't remember whether it is with day length or with temperature, which lags day length by six weeks, IIRR.
    I think it has to do with day length, because the longest day is exactly in the middle of my faster growth period. In October I was in SE Asia, but it didn't grow faster and I didn't shed a lot, so my hair did not react to the much higher temperature.