Page 141 of 471 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

Thank you everyone. My beautician told me that she can trim my hair curly. I think the heat is very hard on my hair. So I may not get my hair straightened for a while----at least for the next few years. I kind of don't want my hair straightened again. It's so much easier to wash and go and not have to worry about getting it wet. I have so much hair the entire process of getting my hair straightened is tiring; just overwhelming.

Thank you all again.

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

CelinaStarr, your hair is beautiful as always! You straighten your hair annually right? Oh, and a question: how does the stylist get your ends straight? My ends always stay 4a. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Oh, and I also grabbed cards from a few local salons that specialize in natural and transitioning hair.
    Man, I wish I'd been able to go. I had work. Can you tell me what salons you got good feelings about?

CURRENTLY: waist straight (28") GOAL: waist braidwaves (35")

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Thank you. First my stylist blow dries it then she presses it straight. She trims the ends that are damaged and tangled.

This evening or by tomorrow I plan on washing my hair because it's starting to get curly again. Yesterday, I was in the shower and some of my braid got wet. I wore a shower cap but I guess some of the braid was hanging out at the back.

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Henna and indigo today...finally.

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Hey ladies!!

NJoy KUTGW on your transition! You can do it! Let me know how you like your Oyin! I hate i couldnt be there...i need some more Honey Hemp...AND i'm gettin low on my Hair Dew!

CelinaStarr I can't see the pics in the thread...but i know it has to be awesome!

I have some news to share! I am 2 yrs post relaxer as of today as well as 1 yr and 4 months natural...all on the same day

AAANNNNNND!!!! I found my first gray hair yesterday...and threw a minor fit over it! it's all good tho.
    Lady Napaiai of the Secret Vale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello Ladies.

So, I got my henna/indigo on but haven't been doing much since. I want to do a steam DC and trim soon but, IDK when. I've been so busy/tired lately that I'm feeling hair lazy. My hair is in twists braided in two french braids, pokahontas style. Ends pinned up, of course. I've been wearing these scarf headbands to make the style look intentional and coordinated. Who gonna check me, Boo?

I just ordered a Solano blow dryer nozzle so that I can blow out my roots from time to time so, I'm sorta looking forward to that. I'm hoping it miraculously glides thru my hair. We'll see.

Welp. Nothing else to report. Maybe a length check next month on my birthday. Hope that nozzle works.

Quote Originally Posted by lacefrost View Post
    Man, I wish I'd been able to go. I had work. Can you tell me what salons you got good feelings about?

Aha!!! Sorry about the delayed response. I saw your question on my cell and decided to respond when I got back to my laptop. But then, I forgot who asked me a question. Thought it was on the other site. It was driving me crazy!

I grabbed cards. Don't know if any had me wanting to schedule an appt right away but that's only because I'm not not really wanting to go to a salon. That said, I NEED to go to a salon.

That said, a few seemed worth checking into:

The Damn Salon on Roswell Rd. I was impressed with them. They seem to be doing the dayum thang.

Deeply Rooted They specialize in locs but also do other natural styles. I think I was interested because they're in my neck of the woods.

There were a few more but, after doing some digging, not worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHair87 View Post
    Hey ladies!!

NJoy KUTGW on your transition! You can do it! Let me know how you like your Oyin! I hate i couldnt be there...i need some more Honey Hemp...AND i'm gettin low on my Hair Dew!
    I like the Honey Hemp. Thumbs up! But the Hair Dew? *sigh* Maybe I'm doing something wrong but, I don't think my hair likes it.

When I first used it, hair was in my hands everytime I applied it. I thought maybe it was loosened sheds so I tried it again another day. Same thing happened. Now, is it making my strands cling to my hands and catch a ride to freedom? IDK but, my general feeling towards it is that it's not for me. Maybe I'll try it again later and see what happens but, I'm in no hurry.

Length
    11"/26"/???

If you don't count wash days, I've totally ignored my hair for the past few weeks. Been preoccupied with other stuff.

On the bright side I've gotten a bit of a growth spurt and didn't even notice, (or maybe it just seems that way b/c I haven't been paying attention). Might do a length check this week since I never really went through with the last one.

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Hey guys! Just checkin in. I'm like Helix, I've basically been ignoring my hair except for wash days. I want to be waist already. On the one hand, I'm regretting all the trimming I did but on the other hand, it's made my hair better.

I've also recently taken up S&D. It wasn't something I did at all before but the amount of splits I have (or had) is driving me nuts.

I'm also (Still) slowly growing my layers out. They're not awkward any more but I wish my hair were all one length so I could just trim it easily and it would look good straight and longer curly.

CURRENTLY: waist straight (28") GOAL: waist braidwaves (35")

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Thoroughly detangled my hair twist by twist. I'm convinced, detangling works best for me dry. (well, with oils)

Trimming away my relaxed ends is worth it. I was just thinking how much longer my hair would be if I hadn't but, I'm not trying to go much longer than it is right now anyway. AND, my hair is looking SO much better trimming those thin ends away.

I know that some of my lightly texlaxed hair is blending with my natural so, I'm only trimming away any obvious relaxed ends. My last texlax doesn't look relaxed at all but, I know all of this thickness can't be from the past 55 wks.

I'm planning on doing a long overdue DC with steam tonight. Finally.

Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

What do you all use to moisturize? I used to use EVOO, but my hair needs a change. I think my hair wants something creamier (like a lotion) instead of an oil.
    Stretched Goal: Tail Bone Length; Un-Stretched Goal: Waist Length
    Hair Photos:http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/