Page 143 of 471 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    12"/26"/30"

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

Quote Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
    What do you all use to moisturize? I used to use EVOO, but my hair needs a change. I think my hair wants something creamier (like a lotion) instead of an oil.
    I've been using Suave Humectant Conditioner for dry hair. I'm quite happy with it. I tried it because my store was out of my usual Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Quote Originally Posted by lushlocks View Post
    I've been using Suave Humectant Conditioner for dry hair. I'm quite happy with it. I tried it because my store was out of my usual Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.
    Welcome lushlocks!

My mom's hair loves Suave Humectant conditioner as well. I add it to her henna glosses so it isn't so drying.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Welp, I got my hair straightened for the first time in fo-ever it seems. T'was a 2 day affair. That's record time for me. Now you know why I don't straighten much.

The day before yesterday I conditioned and detangled. Yesterday, I shampooed, deep-conditioned then thoroughly, (and I mean thoroughly) detangled again. First with a wide tooth comb followed by my paddle brush, cowashed then rinsed it all out.

I know it sounds like overkill but my obstacles when blow-drying my hair are moisture and tangles and it's difficult for me to detangle once my hair is dry b/c my strands are so fine. It paid off and by the time I got done my tangles were virtually non-existent and my hair felt like buttah (Thank you Monsieur Tresemme; I could kiss you right now. The slip was amazing and you left me smelling like honeydew...or cantaloupe).

Based on past experiences that left me in sniffles, I thought that if I spent extra time detangling in the shower it would reduce the number of tangles I encountered during the blow-dry session. Mission accomplished: It still took a long time but less time than it usually takes me.

Today, I entrusted my hair to a very sweet stylist at Great Clips. My sister had actually recommended her to me so I thought I'd give her try. I was still nervous about it so I put a little extra heat protectant on my hair before I left just in case she didn't use any but it was unnecessary. Heat protectant spray was used, and she only did 2 passes on each section. She said I needed a 1 1/2 inch trim to even it out but she would only cut off as much as I was ready to. I told her I could stomach an inch and she cut just that.

It took her about 1 hour and a half to flat iron my hair, (I was amazed. It takes me way longer than that, lol). She told me it usually takes her 20 mins to flat iron a head of hair. She didn't complain but she did mention that while my sister warned her I had shrinkage, she didn't really warn her that my hair was going to be 'this thick, or long...' and I added, "or this kinky?" she just nodded and we laughed, (she has type 4 hair too, so I doubt she was laughing at me). Good times.

She got it straighter than my relaxed hair used to be with a Babyliss titanium pro. One of the other stylists commented that it's "incredible how much longer it actually is when it's straightened out."

Weird thing about my hair is that there are so many of them per square inch but the hairs are so fine that when it's straightened it just looks medium to thin to me. I don't know how to classify my density/thickness anymore. The plus side of fine hairs is they are very reflective, I guess.

I tipped her well for not scalping me and went on my merry way.

Pics coming soon.

Length
    Pixie/SL+/MBL
    Type
    4a/F/ii

I'm looking forward to the pics Helix. Sounds like you had a great experience.
    Next goal: APL!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Can't wait for pics, Helix!

Length
    11"/26"/???

Bah! I tried resizing these but it's not working. I'll just move them to my album.
    Last edited by Helix; May 18th, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Pics were huge so I resized them.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Hmm...not letting me upload them either. Oh well, I tried.

I've got somewhere to go this weekend so I'll try again on Sunday.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Helix: The LHC pic uploading is down. Something to do with the server.

But I bet you could upload them to tiny pic or something and just paste the IMG code here. (Cause I clearly want pictures!)
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Hmm...not letting me upload them either. Oh well, I tried.

I've got somewhere to go this weekend so I'll try again on Sunday.
    Aaaaaand, it's Sunday. Got my front row seat and patiently waiting.

Length
    11"/26"/???

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Aaaaaand, it's Sunday. Got my front row seat and patiently waiting.
    Lol! Putting on the pressure.

Just got back, I'm working on it now...