Page 139 of 471 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

Gave myself a lil trim today. Decided to trim my relaxed ends every other month instead of every month. And I'm not sure that I'm doing a good job by cutting from the ends of my braids or twists instead of having my hair all out. I just am unable to have my hair all out. I'm hoping that it won't be so uneven and that I'll be able to even things up at the end of the year. But after that last detangling episode and the crazy shrinkage, I know that I'm not ready to do a BC anytime soon. So, slowly trimming the ends away wil have to do.

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

NJoy, I was a long term transitioner myself. I think I transitioned for a year and some change, almost 2 years. So I understand the pain of two textures. The scraggly ends always got to me. I would say, trim until you no longer feel they're scraggly. For me, that was every time my hair got to waist. I'd then cut back to BSL. That's what worked for me.

Also, now that my hair is all curly, I pretty much only trim it while it's braided or in twists. I haven't found that my hair grows unevenly. It actually keeps it's shape really well.

I think you'll find that once your hair is all curly, you won't have issues with detangling any more because you'll treat your hair like its curly. I find that my frame of mind while I'm curly is very different from the one I had while I was transitioning. I find that I accept my hair more now. Like, I never sleep on my hair wet and loose nor do I wash it loose because my hair is 100% curly. But when I was transitioning I would do all sorts of things that I had no business doing, things I would never even consider doing today.

CURRENTLY: waist straight (28") GOAL: waist braidwaves (35")

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lacefrost View Post
    NJoy, I was a long term transitioner myself. I think I transitioned for a year and some change, almost 2 years. So I understand the pain of two textures. The scraggly ends always got to me. I would say, trim until you no longer feel they're scraggly. For me, that was every time my hair got to waist. I'd then cut back to BSL. That's what worked for me.

Also, now that my hair is all curly, I pretty much only trim it while it's braided or in twists. I haven't found that my hair grows unevenly. It actually keeps it's shape really well.

I think you'll find that once your hair is all curly, you won't have issues with detangling any more because you'll treat your hair like its curly. I find that my frame of mind while I'm curly is very different from the one I had while I was transitioning. I find that I accept my hair more now. Like, I never sleep on my hair wet and loose nor do I wash it loose because my hair is 100% curly. But when I was transitioning I would do all sorts of things that I had no business doing, things I would never even consider doing today.
    Thanks! I'm expecting and looking forward to the bolded. Hopefully I'll be fully transitioned by year's end.

Hi! ^ ^ I'm just now seeing this thread.. I'm pretty sure my hair is a 4b. I've been transitioning from relaxed to natural for 2 1/2 years now (I think that's right lol). I didn't decide to stop relaxers til Novemvber 2009. I kinda found out iwas allergic to them :/ it was awful

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightShadow View Post
    Hi! ^ ^ I'm just now seeing this thread.. I'm pretty sure my hair is a 4b. I've been transitioning from relaxed to natural for 2 1/2 years now (I think that's right lol). I didn't decide to stop relaxers til Novemvber 2009. I kinda found out iwas allergic to them :/ it was awful
    Welcome, MoonlightShadow!

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightShadow View Post
    Welcome MoonlightShadow. Now that's definitely a reason to go natural. Your hair looks lovely. How much longer on your transition?

Length
    11"/26"/???

Welcome MoonlightShadow

Your hair looks really pretty in your avi.

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Welcome MoonlightShadow.

Today, I got my hair straightened but pictures can't be uploaded on this site. My longest layers were very top of thigh length but had to cut back to bottom of behind due to splits.

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Okay, I'm using photobucket for now.

Here's my hair earlier this month, natural and it hadn't been washed in almost two weeks:

The longest layers were starting to touch upper thigh:

Last summer I had straightened hair cut to chin length for bangs. Now they are close to armpit straightened:

Blowout:

My ends looked so bad I'm too ashamed to show the before trim pics, lol! It was trimmed from upper thigh to bottom of butt. Here's after the trim:

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

One more pic:

I still have the one gray hair. Surprisingly it didn't fall out from all of the heat and combing.

ETA: the blowout and straight hair pics were all taken today.
    Last edited by CelinaStarr; April 27th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.