Page 12 of 471 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/MBL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by nappywomyn View Post
    Welcome howardhijabi!!!! It's amazing how natural products can be used with such success on all heads - it reminds me how much (no matter what self made differences we impose on ourselves) the human family are really just a bunch of distantly removed cousins....
    aint that the truth.

I am hispanic and my husband's family is creole and wouldn't you know it when people see me and my SNL the first thing they ask is are you sisters.

but back to products it's amazing what you just really need to use on your hair. i am finding glycerine is great on my hair and skin.

Length
    TWA/Short/BSL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii

I'm here. Checking in. late as usual!
    Even though, I walk through the vally, of the shadow of Death, your perfect love is casting out fear................................

Kinky, definitely. Nappy, fer sure. Type 4? I truly don't know...everything inside me is really resistant to being placed in a "type" box Now that i've revealed my neurosis let me carry on.

My hair is natural, fine and gaining density as my journey progresses. I rinse or co-wash daily. I'm TOTALLY intimidated by my loose hair so I keep it braided/secured/locked/tamed 99.999% of the time.

My hair preferrs a cone free routine but occasionally i'll use something heavily coned like Victoria's Secret So Sexxy. Mostly I use cheap conditioners like V05, White Rain, or Suave. When I do poo(about every 10 days or so) I assess my hair and use a moisture rich or protein rich poo...depends on what my hair is craving.
    I don't use many products in my hair. If i'm bunning I tame the frizz with aloe gel. Coconut oil is my BEST FRIEND!! I use it from head to toe every day. I like store brands best. I just decided to grow out my henna. I've been hennaing on a monthly basis for a yr...and it just occurred to me that i'd like to see what my hair does without it...so no more henna for me...for a while!

My length goal is terminal. I think long healthy loose nappy hair is an uncommon sight to behold! I'm enjoying my journey and look forward to sharing with you all. I've got an album on here somewhere but i'm technologically challenged and can't figure out how to post a link so good luck finding it! LOL!!
    2008 Goal: Full Healthy SL ACHIEVED!

Type
    4a/F/M/ii/iii

Hi, FroandBeyond,

Your fro is just gorgeous!

I don't use chemicals to change my texture, but I do have highlights on the front part of it. I had my hair blowdried straight over a month ago and , I had to get it cut, so now it's APL when stretched, but doesn't touch my shoulders when I do a braid-out.

I'd love to retain length, but I'm looking for other styles that will make me feel like my best, besides the braid outs. I think my natural hair looks best when it's on the loose I've worn my hair in 2 pony puffs sometimes (I feel frumpy when I wear it in only one puff). I love braid extensions, but I know at one point, they will no longer do anything for me as my hair gets longer. I'm still not a fan of shrinkage and I'm trying to minimize single-strand knots.

Oh, and my goal length is to the sky But seriously, it would be whatever length that would get me a nice fat puff that can work as an umbrella for me and whomever I marry, but I have dreamed (literally) of waist lenth twists
    Last edited by stars conspire; April 18th, 2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: forgot to answer a question

Length
    short/SHL/~ 30
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

I'm finally popping in as well just to say hi. I'll be sure to check back in though. Lately I've been really bad about stopping by here. But i'll try to work on it.

Length
    2/7-9/30
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i/ii

another 4ber checking in

Length
    .5 in/mbl/wsl
    Type
    4a/4b/F/iii

Hi Adrienne, Sakura, Strongnlong and Ciababi. Welcome to the thread!
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids) Curlies
    April 3, Curlies will unite at 6:30pm for a Dinner and the Color Purple Play.
    Message me for further details about being part of our Meetup group.

Length
    .5 in/mbl/wsl
    Type
    4a/4b/F/iii

Strongnlong- Your hair looks great. I've used all of the natural products and they do not really do anytning to my hair, except for make it extra oily and/or crunchy. I'm glad it's working for you and your avator hairstyle is cute too.

Starsconspires- Thanks for the compliment. When I first started my hair journey I was ok with shrinkage. Just recently, I have not been too happy with it, so I do understand you on the shrinkage.
    So, why exactly made you cut your hair when you straightened it? Waist length twists is what I am striving for too. Gonna be a while, but I am prepared!
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids) Curlies
    April 3, Curlies will unite at 6:30pm for a Dinner and the Color Purple Play.
    Message me for further details about being part of our Meetup group.

Type
    4a/F/M/ii/iii

No problem. Your hair's really pretty.

I had to get it cut because I wasn't keeping up with my s&d, and I had quite a few splits. The amount of splits I saw made me decide to limit my heat use. I thought I didn't have heat damage because I don't have any random straight pieces and that whenever I wash my hair it is back to its beautiful kinky texture and I only used heat only in the late fall and late winter months when it's not too cold. I was even beginning to wonder if my knots and the straightening were related.

Quote Originally Posted by FroandBeyond View Post
    Strongnlong- Your hair looks great. I've used all of the natural products and they do not really do anytning to my hair, except for make it extra oily and/or crunchy. I'm glad it's working for you and your avator hairstyle is cute too.

Starsconspires- Thanks for the compliment. When I first started my hair journey I was ok with shrinkage. Just recently, I have not been too happy with it, so I do understand you on the shrinkage.
    So, why exactly made you cut your hair when you straightened it? Waist length twists is what I am striving for too. Gonna be a while, but I am prepared!

KittyCat

Hello everyone,

I'm not a 4b ,but a 3c. Am I still allowed to stay I'm happy to see 3c-and-up-people on the board.