Thread: Does cassia loosen the curl pattern?

Default Does cassia loosen the curl pattern?

In my continued search for natural ways to loosen my curls, I found some comments online from a few women who said that cassia had loosened their curl pattern...seeing as I don't believe too much of what I read about hair outside of this community, I figured I would post the question to you all!

How has cassia affected your curl pattern? And, while we're at it, how has henna done so?

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Does cassia loosen the curl pattern?

I don't know about cassia, but henna did kill my curls. So, I'm not hennaing anymore. My curl is more important.
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    22/22/hmm
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Anybody else? I'd be interested to hear...

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I tested a strand of my hair with cassia and it did lessen the waviness, but I don't know how long it would last. I have used henna before and that did not reduce my waviness.

Right now I have cassia on my entire head (it made my test strand so soft and silky). I don't wear my hair down often, so I am not too concerned about lessening my waviness.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Nope. In fact I feel like cassia enhances my wave pattern some, as most conditioning treatments do for me. I have heard that henna really kills curls, but IME that is not the case with cassia.

Boing! That's 1 week after a cassia; I do it monthly.

Acid_Honey

Cassia and henna are natural conditioners before natural hair dyes.Henna will never loosen curls,it is highly advised for curly heads,as it tightens up curls and cassia is the same thing as henna only "neutral"(it can only colour blonde hair into other shades of blonde).
    http://www.thehennapage.com
    I know more about henna than cassia,but check this out,should answer any question.
    However as better than any conditioner,using henna or cassia makes hair easier to handle,so styling into straigther hair will get easier.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

henna did loosen my curl, henns does loosen curls. I was a 2c, i'm now a 2a!!!!
    I'm not sure about cassia since it is a temporary thing.... It shouldn't i would think!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    BSL/tail/knee

Cassia makes my hair a little bit curlier, but it lasts about a week or so and then the effect of the cassia usually wears off (I use cassia very regularly to keep my hair in good condition but the conditioning effect is certainly not as everlasting as henna).

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Acid_Honey View Post
    Cassia and henna are natural conditioners before natural hair dyes.Henna will never loosen curls,it is highly advised for curly heads,as it tightens up curls...
    I'm %100 positive that henna did loosen my curls. And actually now that I'm growing it out I can see the loosened part growing lower and lower.

Length
    22/22/hmm
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I've finally done a cassia treatment, and I'd have to say there's no difference for me in the wave pattern. Here's a 'before' and 'after' (hope it works, these are the first pictures I've posted):

before, the day after washing:

the day after cassia:
    Last edited by Leneveu; May 5th, 2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Mistake with posting pictures