There are many threads about indian herbs, oiling hair, and even growing hair fast, all of which are awesome and very informative! I'm hoping to get a thread started where those who are using indian herbs and oils for the purpose of growth can get together and post their methods and progress. I'll get started by sharing my first experiences with both this week and then I'll show a comparison picture because the condition of my hair after only 2 days is obviously different...in a good way!

I ordered some whole soapnuts from one company, and various Hesh Indian Herbs and oils from another. The first thing that came in was the soapnuts so they were my first experience. My hair was very soft, smooth, and full of static after using Mellie's foam technique with the soapnuts. It was a good experience, but my technique needed some tweeking.

The next day the other order came in and I immediatly did a heavy oiling with the Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and let it sit overnight in a satin sleep bonnet (cute). The next morning I washed with the soapnut liquid I made the day before, but after it dried there was still too much oil present so I mixed:

1 tb. Aritha Powder
1ts. Shikakai Powder
1ts. Amla Powder
4 dried Hibiscus Flowers
1 cup filtered water

simmered on the stove for about 15 minutes, cooled and strained a little. I put about an ounce in a squeeze bottle and shook to get a very nice foam that easily smoothed over my hair. I did this in a bath so I could do a mermaid rinse to get any grit out and it worked great. I let it sit on my head for probably 5-10 minutes. It's strange...while it is on your hair it is funky feeling, but as soon as you start rinsing your hair is so soft and smooth. I did a mermaid rinse and then rinsed again with a shower head just to be sure. Here is a before (about 2 weeks ago after a henna and blow dry), and after (today)...I was so shocked when I saw this picture!