Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    The botanical names of brahmi and common thyme are different, though brahmi is often confused with gotu kola. What you could do is mix up a little paste of brahmi, apply it to the inside of your elbow then cover and see if you get a reaction.
    It is a very good herb for growth so fingers crossed you can use it
    i might try it... i can tell if i am allergic as soon as i smell it - so i could just smell the box - maybe....
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbell View Post
    ChloeDharma Brahmi (Hindi) is indeed Gotu Kola (Sinhalese) (Centella Asiatica). They are one and the same.

But there are two types of Brahmi (See Herbs and Uses Thread). The same leaf that is called Brahmi is also called Gotu Kola. There is one more plant however with the same name Brahmi is "Neer Brahmi" (Bacopa monnieri) , the brahmi that grows in swampy regions and the leaf is different. Both the leaves don't have any smell, unless perfume has been added to it. Both can be used for hair growth.
    Check:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...984#post262984
    i am definitely allergic to the thyme we have growing in our herb garden. even if i just pick it and i smell my fingers my throat itches and my glands swell up and then my eyes start itching... just from the smell of the plant! so i will be very careful... this plant is definitely very smelly btw
    rats spelled backwards spells star

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! WOW! I love the color and texture.

let me make sure i understand the basic technique... you oiled overnight, rinsed that out, then applied your tea (sorry for lack of a better term) and rinsed that out?

once again, WOW!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

These herbs and such will not make hair grow like anything. These are for hair care such as a gentle method than chemicals and not ruin hairs,also for protecting the strands and scalp. So dont think that once you use these that you will get fast and thicker hair growth
    Last edited by Aisha25; March 24th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha25 View Post
    These herbs and such will not make hair grow like anything. These are for hair care such as a gentle method than chemicals and not ruin hairs,also for protecting the strands and scalp. So dont think that once you use these that you will get fast and thicker hair growth

I agree with you totally. The herbs have conditioning effect and protect the strands and do not irritate the scalp which helps the hair grow and stay well shiny and beautiful.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post
    There are many threads about indian herbs, oiling hair, and even growing hair fast, all of which are awesome and very informative! I'm hoping to get a thread started where those who are using indian herbs and oils for the purpose of growth can get together and post their methods and progress. I'll get started by sharing my first experiences with both this week and then I'll show a comparison picture because the condition of my hair after only 2 days is obviously different...in a good way!

I ordered some whole soapnuts from one company, and various Hesh Indian Herbs and oils from another. The first thing that came in was the soapnuts so they were my first experience. My hair was very soft, smooth, and full of static after using Mellie's foam technique with the soapnuts. It was a good experience, but my technique needed some tweeking.

The next day the other order came in and I immediatly did a heavy oiling with the Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and let it sit overnight in a satin sleep bonnet (cute). The next morning I washed with the soapnut liquid I made the day before, but after it dried there was still too much oil present so I mixed:

1 tb. Aritha Powder
    1ts. Shikakai Powder
    1ts. Amla Powder
    4 dried Hibiscus Flowers
    1 cup filtered water

simmered on the stove for about 15 minutes, cooled and strained a little. I put about an ounce in a squeeze bottle and shook to get a very nice foam that easily smoothed over my hair. I did this in a bath so I could do a mermaid rinse to get any grit out and it worked great. I let it sit on my head for probably 5-10 minutes. It's strange...while it is on your hair it is funky feeling, but as soon as you start rinsing your hair is so soft and smooth. I did a mermaid rinse and then rinsed again with a shower head just to be sure. Here is a before (about 2 weeks ago after a henna and blow dry), and after (today)...I was so shocked when I saw this picture!

Your siggy picture is beautiful. It was worth all the trouble you took to make a herbal mixture and use it on the hair.

Compliments on your beautiful hair.

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

I have trouble getting the oil out. I usually shampoo twice then condition, but I almost always have a little leftover. I've tried acv rinses, but i've discovered that my hair is not a fan of acv.

Any suggestions?

thanks!!

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

[QUOTE=eaglefeather71;414273]There are many threads about indian herbs, oiling hair, and even growing hair fast, all of which are awesome and very informative! I'm hoping to get a thread started where those who are using indian herbs and oils for the purpose of growth can get together and post their methods and progress. I'll get started by sharing my first experiences with both this week and then I'll show a comparison picture because the condition of my hair after only 2 days is obviously different...in a good way!

I ordered some whole soapnuts from one company, and various Hesh Indian Herbs and oils from another. The first thing that came in was the soapnuts so they were my first experience. My hair was very soft, smooth, and full of static after using Mellie's foam technique with the soapnuts. It was a good experience, but my technique needed some tweeking.

The next day the other order came in and I immediatly did a heavy oiling with the Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and let it sit overnight in a satin sleep bonnet (cute). The next morning I washed with the soapnut liquid I made the day before, but after it dried there was still too much oil present so I mixed:

1 tb. Aritha Powder
    1ts. Shikakai Powder
    1ts. Amla Powder
    4 dried Hibiscus Flowers
    1 cup filtered water

simmered on the stove for about 15 minutes, cooled and strained a little. I put about an ounce in a squeeze bottle and shook to get a very nice foam that easily smoothed over my hair. I did this in a bath so I could do a mermaid rinse to get any grit out and it worked great. I let it sit on my head for probably 5-10 minutes. It's strange...while it is on your hair it is funky feeling, but as soon as you start rinsing your hair is so soft and smooth. I did a mermaid rinse and then rinsed again with a shower head just to be sure. Here is a before (about 2 weeks ago after a henna and blow dry), and after (today)...I was so shocked when I saw this picture!

would adding catnip interfere with the quality in any way?

once again, LOVELY hair

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennaphile View Post
    I have trouble getting the oil out. I usually shampoo twice then condition, but I almost always have a little leftover. I've tried acv rinses, but i've discovered that my hair is not a fan of acv.

Any suggestions?

thanks!!

Try using more of shikakai, and a few more hibiscus leaves. If the oil is coconut oil then adding a tablespoon or two of chick pea flour(available in Indian stores) to the shikakai mixture. That helps take out the cocounut oil.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    i might try it... i can tell if i am allergic as soon as i smell it - so i could just smell the box - maybe....
    I just checked my box (Hesh brand) and the type they use is listed as "thyme leaves pdr / herpestis monniera" so i'm guessing proceed with caution.

As for whether herbs or oils speed growth.....i'm not very sure. I know that when i exclusively herb washed and scalp oiled my hair sped from above waist to below hip in about 6 months which for me is much faster than normal. I also found my thickness increased by 150% and my shedding went from handfulls of hair each wash to just a few strands. Some studies also indicate that certain herbs do increase growth also. But then i'm sure there are many people who don't notice an increase in growth or thickness so i'm guessing like with most things it just depends on the individual.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.